Old Woman Has Me By the Balls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Woman Has Me By the Balls

Within the last few hours I was involved in an automobile ACCIDENT (And I stress accident because believe it or not I have seen some people intentionally crash their cars, and not just on TV). This was very shocking to me since I drive very carefully most of the time.

This particular incident occurred when I was within the speed limit, going 40 in a 35mph zone, when on a single-2 lane road I attempted to pass a slow-moving old hag in the car in front of me. BIG MISTAKE because she raised her speed, so I had to fall behind her lest I get hit head on by oncoming traffic.

Apparently not causing accidents is too much for this cracker, and she stops suddenly in preparation for a turn. I am going 40, she slows from 25 to about 15, and whammo, I smash her in the ass.

There are a lot of things I could do. I ended up giving her my credit card and driving off, figuring I could get home and cancel it with Mastercard before she could start spending the cash. I challenged her to this arrangement and she agreed to it.

That was BIG MISTAKE #2 for the night. She either lived right next to the accident or called her old ass husband, because now I have been charged about $350 from Amazon. I have options..

A) Report her for stealing my card, and she will get arrested
    Downside: she will report me for hit and run, maybe? And lawyers in on whether or not she'd have a case?

B) Cancel the card and swallow the money.

I have limited time on this, thanks for any advice.

Old people have a tendency to die suddenly.

Comment

Re: Old Woman Has Me By the Balls

Originally posted by Wiglaf
      I ended up giving her my credit card
      WTF?

Do you not have insurance?

Anyway - I'd cancel the card at this stage....
      I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

My insurance would not be happy about an accident of this nature...

Comment

WTF indeed.... say she stole it, I'd say.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.â€
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
            My insurance would not be happy about an accident of this nature...
            Leave out the speeding in a 35 zone, overtaking and then retreating bits....

Just mention the she brake hard bit - and if you broke her taillight(s) say they weren't working either....
            I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

i would have chewed her out, told her to get a lawyer, and acted like a complete and total ass. i DEFINATELY would not have given her my credit card.

advice: call the cops. stand up for yourself goddammit! put the old hag in the slammer.
              Order of the Fly
              Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

This is like a redneck reality show!!!
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

A) 40 in a 35 isn't within the speed limit.
                  B) The motorist behind is an auto "You're at fault" for not being far enough behind. Maybe attributable to,
                  C) See "A".
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

This is

You got ****ed however. I'd follow Nugog's advice and go to the ooffensive youtseld /d/D I bet many people won'g go through the hassle of all this, so if you can keep it simple then perhaps all will work out,?

(never mind ùe i'm happy because my rhesis is finished so i can do teh paryty all night!!!!!!!!!!)
                    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Credit cards aren't for giving away. Don't tell anyone she stole your card, she didn't. Cancel your card, pay your bill and hope it goes away,but it might not.

People do this stuff on purpose, drive like they are out to get you because they might just be. The first givaway should have been her accelerating to make you drop back. You played her game by getting pissed and driving too close. This may have been her intention.

Did she ask for your credit card? What is the deal with that?

Now, at long last, do things right before you get into more trouble.

Good luck.
                      Long time member @ Apolyton
                      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

So what, precisely, were you elected to do, and by whom?
                        "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Your insurance company being unhappy would probably have been much less troublesome for you than the police being unhappy with you.
                          As it stands now, if you live in the U.S., I'd say you that you are in a world of hurt. Depending on the state you're in, Failure to File an Accident Report, and Leaving the Scene of an Accident might actually open you up to felony charges. If you gave her your credit card, then she didn't steal it, and claiming she did will simply add Filing a False Police Report to your list of crimes. You've pretty much screwed this one up completely. You might be better off to go to the cops yourself
                          (now, not in the morning), and tell them exactly what happened and hope they decide not to throw the book at you. If you keep trying to dodge this, and it comes back to bite you later, they definitely will not cut you any slack.

Comment

Wiglaf.

Is there somebody who looks after you? A responsible adult? Can we speak to them?
                            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

1) She didn't suddenly screech to a halt; she slowed from 25 to 15 and you still hit her. It's your fault, not hers. Suck it up.

2) The solution of giving her your cerdit card was f*cking stupid. Doing so with the intention of cancelling the card as soon as you got home is maybe deceitful, maybe just petty and spiteful. Either way, welcome to your karma; suck it up.

3) Telling anyone she stole your card will come back and bite you on the ass once she tells the real story and it turns out to be far more plausible than your absurd "an old lady robbed me" tale. So please do it; it doesn't sound like you've suffered nearly enough for your jack-assery yet.
                              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                              X