BtS - Problems with economy/science rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BtS - Problems with economy/science rate

I recently updated to BtS, never played Warlords. I'm now experiencing an economy-related problem that is not present in the vanilla version of the game. I usually start the game with science on 100%, and rarely go below 50% during the game. After installing BtS, however, my income, soon after start, cannot support any science at all. Even worse, even at 0% science, my balance goes in the negative and units go on strike. Is this a glitch in the expansion, or is there a way to correct it? I'm playing at noble difficulty and marathon game speed. Thanks.

How many corporations have you spread?

Comment

He/ she says it's in the beginning of the game so can't have corporations yet

Are you building many units? And cities? I've been playing Warlord, but can't remember if it was a change from vanilla to that version. From Warlords to BtS, I haven't noticed any changes regarding this.

Comment

Re: BtS - Problems with economy/science rate

Originally posted by xpfusion
        I recently updated to BtS, never played Warlords. I'm now experiencing an economy-related problem that is not present in the vanilla version of the game. I usually start the game with science on 100%, and rarely go below 50% during the game. After installing BtS, however, my income, soon after start, cannot support any science at all. Even worse, even at 0% science, my balance goes in the negative and units go on strike. Is this a glitch in the expansion, or is there a way to correct it? I'm playing at noble difficulty and marathon game speed. Thanks.
        Have a look at your Financial advisor (F2) to see where the money's going. Post a screenshot of this, and perhaps one or two of the screens for your top couple of gold-producing cities. Better yet, a savegame would help us critique your economy.

FWIW, apart from assigning 10% to Espionage as soon as I encounter another civ, I run at 100% science or near that until I have a few cities up, then I'm forced to turn it down a little for upkeep. But I still manage at leat 60% throughout the game, usually 70% in a well-developed little empire.
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
        X