Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BtS AI - minor update

Originally posted by Solver
    Here's a minor update to the BtS AI, just download the DLL file and put it where appropriate.

Changes:

* Fixing a possible infinite loop problem with unit movement.
    * AI now more likely to promote siege units with Accuracy to better handle the changes to bombardment in BtS
    * AI understanding of what is an "early Wonder" now correct for non-Normal game speeds.
    * AI civs that are close to reaching a Domination victory recognize that and are more likely to declare war, in particular with Aggressive AI.

Download
    You tricky bastage, Solver! I always knew you as a tester of the game and a reviewer, but a modder as well? Had you made any previous mods in Civ 4 before the few you've whipped out in BtS (not that I'm even doubting these latest one's viability, I'm now curious what other clever tweaks you may have made that I missed before).

How goes work on more of them Solver Events?

Comment

Well, I'm also a programmer as an occupational hazard Just posted a small (3 more events) update to the event mod over there. I'm pretty much putting stuff out that didn't make it to the core game. The air combat in BtS also started as a mod of mine, for example.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Well, I'm also a programmer as an occupational hazard Just posted a small (3 more events) update to the event mod over there. I'm pretty much putting stuff out that didn't make it to the core game. The air combat in BtS also started as a mod of mine, for example.
        Well the work by you, Blake, Dale, and the many other members of the modder community involved in BtS shows what can happen if they're let loose on a retail product!

Comment

Yeah, we're the real reason why Jon and Alex needed a lengthy vacation after completing the game

Comment

The game is completed? Why do AI stacks constantly STOP AND DO NOTHING in various places? They just set up and camp and goto sleep. It's ruined several games for me now - anyone else getting this?

Comment

Well, I should say its gold/retail version.

Comment

Originally posted by vilemerchant
                The game is completed? Why do AI stacks constantly STOP AND DO NOTHING in various places? They just set up and camp and goto sleep. It's ruined several games for me now - anyone else getting this?
                Perhaps Solver has addressed this?

* Fixing a possible infinite loop problem with unit movement.

Comment

I'm not sure why that particular problem arises, Blake is the ultimate authority here.

Comment

I'm not sure why that particular problem arises, Blake is the ultimate authority here.
                    Any clues what is behind the AI's reported inability to use Privateers? I have to admit this is all second hand here, but from what I've read the AI can make Privateers but then will just leave them docked.

Comment

Re: BtS AI - minor update

Here's a minor update to the BtS AI, just download the DLL file and put it where appropriate.
                      Hmm...to trust Solver...?
                      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Re: Re: BtS AI - minor update

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt

Hmm...to trust Solver...?
                        Could just be some Trojan Horse deal that activates once he's playing you online and suddenly all of your units disappear!

Comment

If it activated when I play online, that'd be roughly once a year

Comment

If it activated when I play online, that'd be roughly once a year
                            See! The perfect trigger for your DEADLY Civ virus!!

Comment

Originally posted by LordGek

Any clues what is behind the AI's reported inability to use Privateers?
                              The game wasn't tested worth a damn. You'll also notice espionage is broken on marathon, as well as the AIs many other glaring faults (does not defend coastal cities enough, parks stacks in your territory without pillaging, spams corporations mindlessly, etc). Also, the scenario AI is lacking in final frontier and there are several bugs in at least two other scenarios I played.

The blame goes to Firaxis, obviously, for relying on fans to make the whole game and test it for them. Blake codes the AI, fans make 4 scenarios, Solver reinvents the air combat, fans make the ethnic units...Firaxis is just lazy. Maybe a patch will come sometime soon.
                              Last edited by Wiglaf; July 31, 2007, 15:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf

The game wasn't tested worth a damn. You'll also notice espionage is broken on marathon, as well as the AIs many other glaring faults (does not defend coastal cities enough, parks stacks in your territory without pillaging, spams corporations mindlessly, etc). Also, the scenario AI is lacking in final frontier and there are several bugs in at least two other scenarios I played.

The blame goes to Firaxis, obviously, for relying on fans to make the whole game and test it for them.
                                This is a much more solid release than the original Civ 4 and Warlords, I think. But, yeah, obviously **** snuck in there. The key is what they do about addressing the issues once they've been pointed out. The only time I'm willing to get all pissy about it is when, several months out, these issues haven't been addressed or they try to pull some, "Its not a bug but a feature" nonsense.

Comment

Working...
                                X