Here's a minor update to the BtS AI, and some minorish fixes.
* Fixing a possible infinite loop problem with unit movement.
* Poison Water and Foment Unhappiness missions now have the same effect, duration and cost on all game speeds, to mirror the official patch.
* AI now more likely to promote siege units with Accuracy to better handle the changes to bombardment in BtS
* AI understanding of what is an "early Wonder" now correct for non-Normal game speeds.
* AI civs that are close to reaching a Domination victory recognize that and are more likely to declare war, in particular with Aggressive AI.
* "Dead unitgroup walking" crash fix as per Dale
* No-conscript colony crash fix as per Gyathaar
* Another colony crash fix as per myself
* Fixed the bug allowing Forts in foreign territory, which would result in Forts overrunning useful rival improvements.
* AIs close to domination population will have a high priority for health buildings in cities that are unhealthy.
* AIs close to domination population will put a high priority on researching Genetics and will like other health techs better.
* The AI will be less reluctant to raze cities that have its state religion if it doesn't have the shrine for that religion.
* Corporation maintenance is now exempt from inflation, so the costs don't blow up so much.
* Added possible workaround for a crash bug.
* Fixed an infinite loop problem with city attackers (thanks Gyathaar)
* Blockade code rewritten so that blockading is now much faster, as per Gyathaar
* Fixed Quick-speed crash (whoops)
* Auto-explore change per Bhruic.
* Auto-explorers will heal when wounded.
* Advanced start population selling fixed per Gyathaar
* Fixed the AP-conversion hammer bug
* AI will use espionage to destroy non-resource terrain improvements - such as Towns.
* AI may destroy improvements through espionage just because it hates you, with no war plan
* Increased likelihood of the AI stealing techs - hopefully it will do so now
* Fixed AI airstrike bug
* AI now only capitulates to the team which has done them a majority of the damage.
* On non-aggressive AI, the AI's are more aggressive early in the game.
* AI trains more units early in the game.
* AI SHOULD do a better job of bribing other AI's (this may or may not work)
* The cost to Bribe AI's into war now uses a new algorithm, it better reflects the impact of the bribe (ie a large AI charges a lot more to be ordered around). Generally bribing will be more expensive, especially cases where it used to be excessively cheap.
* AI's tell you to sod off if you try to bribe them onto a victim with an intact nuclear arsenal.
* AI brags about it's nukes more.
* Always Peace now suppresses AI militarism (with some barb awareness).
* AI spends less on Espionage.
* AI trains spies with lower priority.
* AI better aware of Free Market / Environmentalism corporation impact.
* Exploring units should now heal.
* Possibly fixed exploring "YoYo" issue.
* Fixed a puppet strings exploit related to naval invasions.
* Fixed some issues which hampered or stalled AI early game expansion.
* Tweaks to Governor, particularly "Emphasize Food"
* Fixed an undefended cities issues.
* Destroying Towns through espionage will turn them into Villages, etc.
* Slight tweak to the AI selection of HQ city when founding a corp
* Splitting off a colony no longer tends to create the same civilization
* Governor fills the food bar better.
* Governor should work hamlets over cottages.
* AI offers larger bribes to other AI's, and doesn't care how much it "overpays" to bring another party into war.
* The vassalizing thing should work now.
* Fixed bug where defensive units idle.
* Hamlets WILL be preferred over cottages.
* Fixed independence-loving colonies
* AI will prefer to run Foment Unhappiness in cities that have been hit with Poison Water and vice-versa
* Fixed possible negative inflation situation (thanks Esper23)
* AI prefers to poison water supply of cities with a low food bar to ensure population loss.
* Fixed bug causing the new capitulation behavior to malfunction.
* Fixed bug causing units to sit around outside cities.
* AI now knows how to use Steal Tech and Incite Revolt
* AI's may choose to not be espionage "petty terrorist" and instead only use large espionage missions (like steal tech and sabotage project).
* AI uses spies more smartly (camps them in cities to get the discount)
* AI values espionage buildings more
* Another couple of minor changes to governors
Last update: Aug 29
To install, just put the DLL file from the zip file into the Assets folder of your BtS installation (by default something like c:\program files\firaxis games\civilization iv\beyond the sword\assets). Putting the file into CustomAssets will not work!
You do not need to put the .cpp files anywhere unless you're a programmer! If you don't know what those files are and what they do, you don't need them.
If you want a fix to the Military Academy bug, download the next file and place it into Assets\XML\Units (again, preferably back up the original).
Download Mil. Academy Fix