No announcement yet.

BtS unofficial patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's certainly another option... I'm not sure it's the prefered one. In general (barring Privateers), when you've got naval blockades going on, it's because you are at war. Using your city's production to build 5 Triremes for each attacking ships is a big waste of production when you could be building land based units to either defend, or attack your enemy. Defending cities is more important than defending water improvements.

Now if you could build 1-2 ships and clear out the enemy, that's fine, that'd be worth it. But switching over 3+ cities to build multiple ships doesn't strike me as cost effective.

Bh

Comment

• Originally posted by LordGek

So this kludge wouldn't even kick in until it somehow sees that the AI has built several ships it refuses to use? What would happen if its building ships that it COULD use to attack the opposition, would this kludge not stop the ship production?
      It doesn't stop ship production until the current number of attack ships its built (so things like Galleys don't count) is 3x the number of ships its facing. And when I say "built", I mean that it current has on hand, if it's built them, attacked, and they were sunk, they don't count. If it has 3x the number of ships, and can't manage to attack the ships its facing, building more wouldn't seem to be useful. Or, certainly, there would seem like better things it could be building.

Bh

Comment

• Solver, is it intentional that the GReat Artist culture bomb no longer brings a city out of revolt? If not, then the culture bomb in BtS doesn't work as intended. Save's here:

It used to be the case where using the Great Artist's Culture Bomb relieved a conquered city's period of rioting. In BtS this is no longer the case. Is this a bug? If so, I've attached a save of the situation just before I used the GA in the Incan city of Cuzco. If this is an intentional...

Comment

• Ah yes, I've seen that one reported. I am not sure if it's by design.
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• I just looked at your fix for the quick mode crash... Are you sure that's the best way to handle it? By doing:
            Code:
            iUnhappiness += max(0, getEspionageHappinessCounter() / max(1, (GC.getGameSpeedInfo(GC.getGameINLINE().getGameSpeedType()).getHurryConscriptAngerPercent() / 100)) );
            you're simply dividing by 1 any time the HurryConscriptAngerPercent is less than 100. Wouldn't a better solution be:
            Code:
            iUnhappiness += max(0, (getEspionageHappinessCounter() * 100) / GC.getGameSpeedInfo(GC.getGameINLINE().getGameSpeedType()).getHurryConscriptAngerPercent() );
            ?

edit:
            Oh, I also noted that you changed it so that only human explorers will stop to heal... Don't you think that it's advantageous for the AI to heal as well? Otherwise they could end up losing units to wandering animals/barbs for no reason.

Bh
            Last edited by Bhruic; August 6, 2007, 21:59.

Comment

• Are you doing Python bugs too? There's a bug in the doWeddingFeud3(argsList) function. After the:
              Code:
              if not gc.getTeam(destPlayer.getTeam()).canDeclareWar(player.getTeam()):
              	return false
              check, it does:
              Code:
              return true
              when it's not the end of the function. The "return true" should be removed so that the function can properly complete (it's unable to get to the part where it adds the relationship bonus to other civs with the same religion).

Bh

Comment

• And while I'm at it...

Some people have been complaining about the "Improve Trade Network" automation behaviour. Before BTS, once workers finished improving roads/bonuses, they'd retire to a city until needed. Now they actually start handling other improvements (and not in a very optimal fashion). If that wasn't intentional, or you are interested in changing it back, commenting out:
                Code:
                if (AI_improveLocalPlot(3, NULL))
                {
                	return;
                }

if (AI_nextCityToImprove(NULL))
                {
                	return;
                }
                from
                Code:
                void CvUnitAI::AI_networkAutomated()
                would change it back.

Bh

Comment

• Maybe we should have a forum for AI/dll mod patches...

Nice work!
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bhruic
                    I just looked at your fix for the quick mode crash... Are you sure that's the best way to handle it? By doing:
                    Code:
                    iUnhappiness += max(0, getEspionageHappinessCounter() / max(1, (GC.getGameSpeedInfo(GC.getGameINLINE().getGameSpeedType()).getHurryConscriptAngerPercent() / 100)) );
                    you're simply dividing by 1 any time the HurryConscriptAngerPercent is less than 100. Wouldn't a better solution be:
                    Code:
                    iUnhappiness += max(0, (getEspionageHappinessCounter() * 100) / GC.getGameSpeedInfo(GC.getGameINLINE().getGameSpeedType()).getHurryConscriptAngerPercent() );
                    That is, in essence, a design question. Those who play Quick can probably answer it. Obviously, my current solution doesn't scale the espionage mission effects for Quick speed, they remain the same as on Normal. Whereas your proposed code would also scale on Quick. Should that be the case?

Oh, I also noted that you changed it so that only human explorers will stop to heal... Don't you think that it's advantageous for the AI to heal as well? Otherwise they could end up losing units to wandering animals/barbs for no reason.

The AI gets slight bonuses against Barbarians and IMO, it's generally more important for its scouts to reveal territory quickly. Not the optimal solution, probably, but I don't feel that removing the isHuman() check there would be advantageous.

As for the Python bug, it's probably something to handle for my event mod, which deals with that anyway. Unfortunately, the events Python file contains lots of poor Python - some isn't buggy, but just uses suboptimal functions. For example, it always uses code like

Code:
                    CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getBonusInfo,gc.getNumBonusInfos(),'BONUS_SPICES')
                    instead of

Code:
                    gc.getInfoTypeForString("BONUS_SPICES")

Comment

• Another reason why I don't quite want to scale it on Quick. It's only the duration that is scaled, not the effect. Scaling the duration on Quick would result in, say, 8 unhealthiness over 5 turns. With that, obviously decreasing the unhealthiness by 1 per turn wouldn't eliminate the penalty, and I feel that the math would be a bit ugly and confusing for the player in the end.

Comment

• hehe, I just bought BTS today and started churning out my spies. I sent three into to nearest Civ and saw that -24 happiness for 24 turns and realised that something was wrong there

Also, is there any way to see your total number of spy points? I cant seem to find where it shows how many you have.

Another thing I noticed is golden ages - before they only used to last 10 turns on marathon. I built the mausoleum wonder expecting to follow it up with two golden ages at 15 turns each - Instead they are lasting 24 turns! I got 24 tuns of a great prophet for my first one, and have 26 turns left to complete the Taj mahal, so will have a rather imbalanced 48 golden age years after all that. I think that mausoleum wonder maybe a little too powerful.
                        Last edited by Bhavv; August 7, 2007, 16:11.

Comment

• The espionage screen shows your amount of spy points against each civ. The total doesn't matter because it's totally meaningless, only your number towards each civ is important.

Comment

• "Totals are totally meaningless." George Orwell was right, newspeak just took a little longer than his projected 1984. In any case, your total spy points shows on the upper left corner, where the rates for each gold alternative is shown, e.g., science and cultural.
                            No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                            "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

• That's your per-turn EP points, not "total" EP points.

And I love newspeak

Comment

• I thouht that total EP points determined how many espionage missions you could carry out, like you build them up over time then spend them like gold. I guess now.

Im having fun on my third 24 turn golden age

Comment

Working...
                                X