No announcement yet.

BtS unofficial patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solver, any likelihood of fixing the "blue marble bug", ie the crash when anything's in the custom art folder?
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Perm Loop w/Perm Alliance

I am getting an infinite loop when trying to form a permanent alliance with my southern brother Ragnar

Note that I am using this unofficial patch...

Another bug I hope you can address is the one thats been there since Civ4 day 1 -- pop-up mouse-over boxes do not always pop up -- it appears to be related to previously selected things doing something automated - it makes it very hard to choose quest rewards or respond to random events when you do not get a popup explaining what the penalties/benefits actualy are - a quick fix would be to simply display the technical information along with the normal text without relying on a popup box - another option might be to reset all the associated mouse variables during events / rewards

Edited to add: the bug seems to disappear if i trade for all his techs first!

If I got this upload service thing right, then clicky below for my savegame
      Last edited by Rockoon; August 3, 2007, 23:10.

Comment

• Rockoon, to EASILY clear the mouse-over blockage, pass your mouse over your civ banner to the left of the mini-map in the lower right corner. That solution has also been available since day 1.

Comment

• Solver - do you have any idea why the dll would make me CTD when I try and plop down my first city? in any kind of map?

I'm guessing I have a modified asset it doesn't like... but I don't understand why it would matter. Here's a list of files I've modified (all are Beyond the Sword):

* GlobalDefines.xml
          * CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml
          * CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml
          * CIV4EspionageMissionInfo.xml
          * CIV4HandicapInfo.xml
          * CIV4WorldInfo.xml
          * CIV4PlayerColorInfos.xml
          * CIV4GameTextInfos_Objects.xml

So, I load any new game, move units around. But as soon as I go to put down a city it CTD's. I remove your dll and it's fine.

Thanks for te help.

Comment

• Update... it was my fault. I tried to increase the minimum distance to required between cities. I thought I'd cleaned it up, but I hadn't.
            Last edited by jpinard1; August 4, 2007, 03:36.

Comment

• Is the path for install of these the same for games bought on Direct2Drive? The winzip file has a bunch of *.cpp files but only the .dll file is loose in C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Assets.

However, there is a folder called "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\CvGameCoreDLL" and in there are a bunch of *.cpp files that match the names of those in the winzip file. Should they be overwritten? Or should I just dump everything in ..\Assets?

Thanks..

Comment

• The D2D install is the same. The *.cpp files are the source code for the .dll. The CVGameCoreDLL.dll file in Assets is the only one that matters.

Comment

• Thank u very much for fixes Solver!

I think there remains a few major issues to be addressed and than BTS will be playable

This one is about AP not giving +2 hammers bonus for buildings.
                  If you convert to the Apostolic Palace religion after the Palace was built, you will not receive a production bonus for that religion's buildings. You have to convert before it is built to receive the bonus. I've attached a save to demonstrate this. It is from a hotseat advanced start...

This one is about Uni of Sank & Spiral Minaret + AP problems.
                  Some say AP isn't religion-sticky. I think it's semi-sticky. Weird thing is, the votes kept going, but the bonuses got all messed up. SUMMARY: Initially I am Jewish when I build the AP - Jewish buildings give +2 hammers, cool I switch to Taoism after building Uni of Sank and Spiral...

This one is about events with non-clickable last option without any explicit reason.
                  Had a random event called Earth Day. Got two options: 1. Just name the day Earth Day and get +1 :) in all cities. 2. Spend :gold: to persuade world leaders to acknowledge Earth Day aka trying to get them to use 'environmentalism' and also get +1 :) in all cities. Naturally, I wanted...

Can you look at them and give an expert opinion?

Comment

• Re: Perm Loop w/Perm Alliance

Originally posted by Rockoon
                    I am getting an infinite loop when trying to form a permanent alliance with my southern brother Ragnar

Note that I am using this unofficial patch...

Edited to add: the bug seems to disappear if i trade for all his techs first!

If I got this upload service thing right, then clicky below for my savegame
                    http://apolyton.net/upload/view/9219...llianceBug.zip
                    The game does not really lock up.. it is just very ineffective code for sharing map info....

in CvTeam::addTeam
                    replace this section:
                    Code:
                    		if (pLoopPlot->isRevealed(eTeam, false))
                    		{
                    			pLoopPlot->setRevealed(getID(), true, false, eTeam);
                    		}
                    	}
                    with
                    Code:
                    		{
                    			pLoopPlot->setRevealed(getID(), true, false, eTeam ,false);
                    		}
                    	}

for (iI = 0; iI < MAX_PLAYERS; iI++) 
                    	{ 
                    		if (GET_PLAYER((PlayerTypes)iI).isAlive()) 
                    		{ 
                    			if (GET_PLAYER((PlayerTypes)iI).getTeam() == getID()) 
                    			{ 
                    				GET_PLAYER((PlayerTypes)iI).updatePlotGroups(); 
                    			} 
                    		} 
                    	}
                    Tech trading would not fix it, but trading for Ragnar map would (this speedup fix was already added for maptrading in BtS) Note that the code will still take a few secs to run.. but still much better than waiting for minutes

Comment

• Solver, Gyathaar or Blake -

I have few questions about the AI types associated with Galleons and Transports when compared to Caravels:

Caravels include an AI for Spies and Missionaries, which means the AI will use these ship types for transporting Spies and Missionaries, right?

Well, does 'Missionaries' include Executives?

If so, then shouldn't the transport ships also include AI for Spies and Missionaries (+ Executives?)? Otherwise won't the AI fail to be able to use Spies and Missionaries (+ Executives?) overseas when Caravels are obsolete? I've never seen the AI use Executives to spread its Corporation overseas? Nor Spies for that matter...

Thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by jpinard1
                        Update... it was my fault. I tried to increase the minimum distance to required between cities. I thought I'd cleaned it up, but I hadn't.
                        OT, did you have success with that? I would love to be able to increase it to 3.

Wodan

Comment

• Re: Re: Perm Loop w/Perm Alliance

Originally posted by Gyathaar

The game does not really lock up.. it is just very ineffective code for sharing map info....

in CvTeam::addTeam
                          replace this section:
                          Code:
                          		{
                          			pLoopPlot->setRevealed(getID(), true, false, eTeam);
                          		}
                          	}
                          with
                          Code:
                          		{
                          			pLoopPlot->setRevealed(getID(), true, false, eTeam ,false);
                          		}
                          	}

for (iI = 0; iI < MAX_PLAYERS; iI++) 
                          	{ 
                          		if (GET_PLAYER((PlayerTypes)iI).isAlive()) 
                          		{ 
                          			if (GET_PLAYER((PlayerTypes)iI).getTeam() == getID()) 
                          			{ 
                          				GET_PLAYER((PlayerTypes)iI).updatePlotGroups(); 
                          			} 
                          		} 
                          	}
                          Tech trading would not fix it, but trading for Ragnar map would (this speedup fix was already added for maptrading in BtS) Note that the code will still take a few secs to run.. but still much better than waiting for minutes
                          Where is this file that I'm swapping codey bits, Gyathaar? I don't see any CvTeam file.

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Perm Loop w/Perm Alliance

Originally posted by LordGek

Where is this file that I'm swapping codey bits, Gyathaar? I don't see any CvTeam file.
                            CvTeam.cpp is in the SDK (you need to recompile it afterwards thou)

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Re: Perm Loop w/Perm Alliance

Originally posted by Gyathaar

CvTeam.cpp is in the SDK (you need to recompile it afterwards thou)
                              SPECIAL REQUEST SPECIAL REQUEST!

Could you take Solver's latest tweak, add in this (Permanent Alliance Big Pause) AND add your the Advanced Start fix from the HoF mod (where you can buy and sell population points in such a way so as to come out ahead in points).

This could be the unofficial fix to Solver's unofficial fix!

Thanks!!

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Perm Loop w/Perm Alliance

Originally posted by LordGek

SPECIAL REQUEST SPECIAL REQUEST!

Could you take Solver's latest tweak, add in this (Permanent Alliance Big Pause) AND add your the Advanced Start fix from the HoF mod (where you can buy and sell population points in such a way so as to come out ahead in points).

This could be the unofficial fix to Solver's unofficial fix!

Thanks!!
                                I dont feel like adding yet another different version.. I expect Solver will prolly update his in a bit

Here is the change code for the advanced start buy and sell population thou:
                                in CvPlayer::getAdvancedStartPopCost()

replace
                                Code:
                                		iCost = (pCity->growthThreshold() * GC.getDefineINT("ADVANCED_START_POPULATION_COST")) / 100;
                                		int iPopulation = pCity->getPopulation();
                                with
                                Code:
                                		int iPopulation = pCity->getPopulation();
                                		iCost = (getGrowthThreshold(iPopulation - (bAdd?0:1)) * GC.getDefineINT("ADVANCED_START_POPULATION_COST")) / 100;

Comment

Working...
                                X