Diablo II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diablo II

Ok, so my girlfriend (soon to be Fiance) turned me onto Diablo II, with its corresponding expansion pack, Lord of Destruction.

I have to admit that I have never been turned onto the isometric, top-down RPGs of the past. I even tried the demo for D2 before its initial release way back when (2001 I think). But now? I am really digging the game.

The graphics are nice and nostalgic, and the gameplay is just interesting enough to keep me going, but streamlined enough to keep things moving along.

There is also the fact that the all the world maps regenerate for every new character you create. So even though the basic quests and storyline is the same, the terrain will be changed around every new game! (Morrowind, eat your heart out :P )

Anyway, a 4.5 from me.

Graphics: 4 (age considered)
    Music and Sound: 5! (voice acting is superb, and the soundtrack is great)
    Gameplay: 4.5
    Tilt: 5 (multiplayer is done rather nicely, which I have yet to try. Can play co-op or PvP. Rather like WoW or Everquest, except not so heavy on the 'level mill' factor. Player and Battle.net run servers.)

It's ok everyone, it's just a bug in the space time continuum.
    be free

Comment

there are other games besides world of warcraft?

Comment

Comment

Btw, Diablo II isn't an RPG. It's an Action game with RPG elements .
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

most CRPGs are just adventure/action games.
            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Diablo II only fails in resolution anymore.. I just can't play at 800x600
              ~I like eggs.~

Comment

Diablo two is one of my favorites, like just below civ. I always wanted them to make an mmorpg with the engine, would be like Ultima but way cooler.

The item generator itself would make an MMORPG worth it.
                "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Glad you are enjoying it - the game has great staying power.

Comment

I wonder how many people are online.

I just couldn't see it. I got a mage to level 47, but couldn't do any more nightmare. It's the same thing over and over. Once I messed around all the chars (though I didn't like necromancers very much), I was done.

At least in wow, you have different quests and new areas to explore. Yeah you could argue some of the quests are similar in theme. But some of them have some thought into them. I liked the bombing runs in hellfire peninsula.

Comment

MMORPG diablo II is quite possible, and give or take exists now with dungeon runner. Not sure how good it is, but I enjoyed it while I was in the beta anyhow.
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Must be coming out of beta soon. There was a big buzz about it a while back but it all seems to have gone quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                          I wonder how many people are online.

I just couldn't see it. I got a mage to level 47, but couldn't do any more nightmare. It's the same thing over and over. Once I messed around all the chars (though I didn't like necromancers very much), I was done.

At least in wow, you have different quests and new areas to explore. Yeah you could argue some of the quests are similar in theme. But some of them have some thought into them. I liked the bombing runs in hellfire peninsula.
                          my necromancer is the lord thy god at level seventy. maxed skeletons in both mastery and quantity, a few good pieces of equipment.. given enough time i will wear away everything.
                          I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                          [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

I thought it was out of beta a while ago? It's always going to be free for regular play, just pay for access to rares and uniques. (Or that was how it was going to be when I played it, anyway.)
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                            X