Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SManiaC Question

Hi all,

I'm in a SMAniaC MP as Uni (my opponents are Hive (human), Conciousness, Gaians, Cult, Spartans and Believers). We are running semi-blind research and I happily went Explore to get all the juicy growth/development techs as my overall strategy (early MWs are great!)

But, when I got Xenoempathy I noticed I did not have Green as a SE option. Yuck! That is what I was shooting for! I looked and it doesn't appear that Uni can't run Green, since I'm pretty sure their prohibited SE is Empath. Or perhaps Green SE isn't on Xenobiology? Or maybe our game is hosed? (**gulp!**)

Any help would be appreciated.

Hydro

Looks like University's aversion is Green after all. Hmm, I indeed seem to remember it was Empath at some point.

I guess you could always alter the university faction file.
    Last edited by Maniac; July 25, 2007, 20:28.
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Well, that's a bummer. Kind of blows a hole in my strategy. Hmph. I'd really like to get rid of the -1 Planet rating in the Frontier Society, but Cybernetic is really far away, and the -3 police penalty is pretty stiff, especially combined with -2 police in Unitary Demo or Fed Demo. Looks like I'll have to rely on the 50% attack advantage. Empath might do the trick, but then I'd give up Technocrat's research bonus - something the Uni is loath to do.

Fortunately I'm far and away ahead in tech, but since I've neglected Discover and Conquer I'll need to catch up. The Hive just traded tech with the Spartans, so that's bad news for me. Both might see my shining empire of irory towers as a tempting target. I'll have to use Vel's techniques to encourage them to think otherwise.

Hydro

Comment

Working...
      X