AoN Featurette 1: "Forks in the Road"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AoN Featurette 1: "Forks in the Road"

The first of three Age of Nations (AoN) featurettes has arrived. Following-up on the events of the season finale "Loyalties Tested" released in March [see story], "Forks in the Road" condenses what was originally intended to be explored in a would-be sophomore season.

Three generals with three different means to the same end. A Councilman is dealt a political equivalent, but it may not be as devastating as those who delivered it believe.

Destiny is on the mind of two foreigners in a strange land, while their former allies experience a power shift whose repercussions are poised to impact both themselves and those around them.
    AoN is the first Real-Time Strategy (RTS) machinima series, and the first Rise of Nations machinima endeavour that also blends some `live-action` footage for good measure. AoN is produced and published by Apolyton Civilization Site, one of the oldest and premiere online computer strategy gaming fansites on the Internet.

Running for 23m35s, it is available in DivX, Windows Media and Flash formats.
    1 (atrocious)
    0.00%
    2 (dismal)
    0.00%
    3 (poor)
    0.00%
    4 (medicore)
    0.00%
    5 (average)
    0.00%
    6 (good)
    50.00%
    7 (very good)
    0.00%
    8 (excellent)
    0.00%
    9 (superior)
    50.00%
    10 (perfect)
    0.00%
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

I think that the scene about 16 minutes in with argon and nytnjer's mishap was perhaps the best done.

As always, the voices continue to improve. EAsy to understand.
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
      I think that the scene about 16 minutes in with argon and nytnjer's mishap was perhaps the best done.

Your saying so reminded me of a point I made about that scene to Stan after watching it for the first time myself. I was going to 'save' this for the commentary, but can't wait until then now!

My favourite moment in it is where a certain... acquaintance of Nynetjer fires on British and Greek citizens during the interrogation. It occurs some minutes before the 16-minute mark. Stan told me that this was in fact accidental: he had given the character standing orders to hold its fire, but it was discovered that sometimes ranged troops take it upon themselves to fire anyway in RoN.

What was annoying is what you see is that scene's second take: the first time, an Egyptian fort killed all the British and Greek citizens who were 'on 'their way' to be filmed!

As always, the voices continue to improve. EAsy to understand.

I believe so too, but thought perhaps I think so because I am just a tad biased on the audio work.
      PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Working...
      X