Turn rates and pitboss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn rates and pitboss

With turn rates going abysmal I suggest giving pitboss a try.

I'm following the warlords dg, with 48h per turn it goes 3-4 our speed.

Snoopy said he'd try to set it up for us if more ppl would like to give a try.

What do you think?
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Strictly speaking I said it was probably impossible, but I'd give it a test if enough people wanted it I'm fairly sure it's not possible though, unless something changed in the 1.74 patch.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Well testing doesn't hurt does it?
      -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

hey, thats exactly what i told my first gf

off topic i assume?
        http://www.danasoft.com/sig/scare2140.jpg

Comment

lol... is that the reason for the .jpg portion of your sig line?
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Comment

Thanks safa and snoop! Best laugh I have had in awhile.

As to the pitboss question - would be interesting to see. I firmly believe pitboss is the way to go. There is the matter of the potential double move, but from what I can see, that is the only downside. With lots of upside - speed being the obvious.
              Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

It's possible to set up pitboss without simultaneous moves. Just as an autoenforcer of the turn timer...

Just sayin. Course, there's something to say about KNOWING you're going to have a turn to play every 48 hours. It's pretty easy to schedule yourself to be available once every 48 hours. A lot of the problem I've personally had with playing saves is I never KNOW when we'll get it to begin with.
                One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

i was 7 when i said that

i clearly need a new sig
                  Last edited by -SafaN-; July 23, 2007, 12:22.
                  http://www.danasoft.com/sig/scare2140.jpg

Comment

Yeah, even without sim moves pitboss should be better!

Comment

Originally posted by binTravkin
                      Yeah, even without sim moves pitboss should be better!

If it is possible - then it would be much better!
                      I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Pitboss!

Make it a Pitboss!
                        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Shouldn't snoopy test it, then if it's possible we put it to a team lead vote?
                          Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

It looks like theres enough support for it to be tested, if possible snoopy?

Comment

Working...
                            X