No announcement yet.

Beyond The Sword : autopatches civ4-vanilla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

BtS DG?
      if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Enlighten me please. Any definitive guide on how to handle the upgrade yet?

I only have vanilla civ4, at 1.61(I think). What do I do to be able to open demogame saves? And what do I do if I want to keep playing those old 1.61 games with folks that have bts on their machines...
        Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

The demogame save is upgraded to patch 1.74
          You can download this patch from Firaxis.

If you want to continue to play other 1.61 games with folks who have bts, you need to upgrade your install to 1.74 too, plus make sure the savegames themselves are somehow updated (ie: what snoopy/gyathaar have done for us).

The only time it becomes difficult is if for some reason you don't want (or can't) upgrade the save game and decide you will all continue to play with 1.61. In that case, everybody has to make a copy of "C:/Program Files/Sid Meier's Civilization 4/" to "C:/Program Files/Sid Meiers Civilization 4 v161/" before upgrading. However, this is not really recommended and definately not necessary for the demogame.
          no sig

Comment

Originally posted by PJayTycy
            The demogame save is upgraded to patch 1.74
            You can download this patch from Firaxis.

If you want to continue to play other 1.61 games with folks who have bts, you need to upgrade your install to 1.74 too, plus make sure the savegames themselves are somehow updated (ie: what snoopy/gyathaar have done for us).
            Hmm, had some trouble finding it but this is it?

to take it step for step..

- open game to where you can play
            - hit shift-alt-d
            - enter the admin password, press ok
            - delete all the **** in the password field
            - press ok
            - save game
            - patch up game
            - load the last saved game
            - hit shift-alt-d
            - put the admin password back into the password field
            - press ok
            (- save if you like)
            - end turn
            Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

You don't have to do that for the current demogame. That's what snoopy/gyathaar have done for us. It's what you (or somebody else) might need to do with each of the savegames from old games you want to continue.
              no sig

Comment

I.e. you have to simply upgrade to 1.74, load the save and play

Comment

Working...
                X