No announcement yet.

Beyond The Sword : autopatches civ4-vanilla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The web installer works fine (for most people) and is the better way to go if you can do it.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by binTravkin
      Cant this transfer corrupt save so that it becomes unplayable at some point in future?
      No, it just fixes the admin password in properly.

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
        Right, everyone can upgrade, but apparantly the upgraded version is not compatible with our saves. Thus the demogame cannot upgrade to version whatever, so we'ld all have to dual-install.

That's not an option for me since my wife discovered her ipod and her new digital camera that can also take videos.
        A 160G hard drive should cost all of $50 or less. Add $20 and get an enclosure to put it in.

Call it IPOD heaven and leave a trail of notes for the wife to follow.

If you have no room for a dual install, you have problems with your domestic computing other than this twist.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Kataphraktoi on our team forum
          My game or the sav must be screwed up-im not seeing any forests on the map now.

This couldnt be because i am now playing a different(older) patch?
          I always liked though, how staff here are always firaxis friendly I guess ill install the latest patch

Could someone with vannila civ verify this? Maybe i need to reinstall? Or is it the patch's fault?
          Last edited by Kataphraktoi; July 22, 2007, 10:21.
          if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

another fk up
            Gurka 17, People of the Valley
            I am of the Horde.

Comment

Well to be honest I spent 3 hours trying to fix cIV mp compatibility (I wanted to do a little mp yesterday) and it didn't get clearer than it is and I'm back to 1.61 just to be able to play this game.

I'm sometimes wondering how ppl can do such stupid stuff and still be working at cool companies getting good salaries..

Yes I'm angry and yes it is sooo dumb I'd get fired if I was release manager and do such @ my current company.
              -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
              -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

I'm working on this but I'm going to have to reinstall, because I don't have a 1.61 at the moment [1.74] ... it will take some time before I have time to do a full reinstall, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                    If you have no room for a dual install, you have problems with your domestic computing other than this twist.
                    Aye, that's the truth there.

CIV don't like my laptop, and the desktop is becoming archaic. It's a matter of we don't want to add more onto it till we buy a new one. Which won't be till next year at the earliest.
                    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I'm working on a reinstall at the moment. Then we'll see if I can recall my admin password (I think I made it one of my easy to remember passwords, if not i'll have to hunt it up.)

Comment

What happens if we can never reconnect?

We just going to call this one a wrap and start a BTS game?
                        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

What do you mean can never reconnect?
                          We can always have dual installs of 1.61 and continue.
                          -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                          -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

He means if we can never get the issue cleared up.

Comment

I haven't been able to fix it yet, unfortunately. I may have to ask Gyathaar to help me with it, but first i'm checking with Aeson since he may be able to

Comment

oh well, lets call the team with the highest score the winner and start a new game ...
                                http://www.danasoft.com/sig/scare2140.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X