Patch 213 Error: Init Error Error loading shader libraries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch 213 Error: Init Error Error loading shader libraries

When I d/l the patch the first few times it couldn't find the d3dx9_32.dll file. Well I got by that problem but now right before it finishes loading a dialog box comes up. In the blue area it says - Init Error- and in the larger grey area it says - Error Loading Shader Libraries -

Has anyone come across this and if so does anyone know how to fix it.

Install DirectX 9.0c April update.

Comment

It says I have no version of warlords installed when I try to install the patch :S
      I have the direct2drive version of warlods but there is no newer patch then 108 on their website
      I just reinstalled today after not playing for 3 months just wanted a quick MP game tonight guess it's not gonna happen...

Comment

Sorry Ip, you have to wait for D2D to give you a patch.

CS
        Global Admin/Owner
        Civilization Players Leagues
        www.civplayers.com
        http://steamcommunity.com/groups/civplayers steam://friends/joinchat/103582791431089902

Comment

Diety--did you find a fix for this? I had same problem. I've installed latest direct X, updated video drivers, etc.

Comment

Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by lporiginalg
              It says I have no version of warlords installed when I try to install the patch :S
              I have the direct2drive version of warlods but there is no newer patch then 108 on their website
              I just reinstalled today after not playing for 3 months just wanted a quick MP game tonight guess it's not gonna happen...
              I presume you've found the direct2drive patch already, but if not, take a look on direct2drive's patch page
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Here is what I did:

1) I allowed the civ4 warlord multiplayer app to download and install the 213 app, but it didn't recognize my version

2) I went to the civ4 warlord website and tried a manual download, same issue

3) Since I got my copy from d2d, I went to that website and downloaded the patch. It installed, but when I went to run warlords, it couldn't find the dlls. I contemplated editing the path to include the warlords directory, but instead

4) I de-installed warlords, then went to d2d, and re-downloaded warlords which as I assumed would be already patched, it was. I re-installed warlords, but then received the shade init error

5) I went to MS and downloaded the latest run-time version of directX, but that didn't help

6) I downloaded the latest version of my video card driver, but that didn't help

6) From MS, I downloaded the full version of directx, that fixed the shade init error and I'm back up.

Thanks all for the help. Hope this is helpful to someone else. Firaxis should have done better QC on this.

Comment

Here is what I did:

1) I allowed the civ4 warlord multiplayer app to download and install the 213 app, but it didn't recognize my version

2) I went to the civ4 warlord website and tried a manual download, same issue

3) Since I got my copy from d2d, I went to that website and downloaded the patch. It installed, but when I went to run warlords, it couldn't find the dlls. I contemplated editing the path to include the warlords directory, but instead

4) I de-installed warlords, then went to d2d, and re-downloaded warlords which as I assumed would be already patched, it was. I re-installed warlords, but then received the shade init error

5) I went to MS and downloaded the latest run-time version of directX, but that didn't help

6) I downloaded the latest version of my video card driver, but that didn't help

6) From MS, I downloaded the full version of directx, that fixed the shade init error and I'm back up.

Thanks all for the help. Hope this is helpful to someone else. Firaxis should have done better QC on this.

Comment

Originally posted by phirschel001 Thanks all for the help. Hope this is helpful to someone else. Firaxis should have done better QC on this.
                    It's not a Firaxis issue this, it's a Microsoft one. MS published a major update to DirectX 9.0c (the April update) and to retain the "Games for Windows" logo Firaxis had to update the code to use this new version.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale

It's not a Firaxis issue this, it's a Microsoft one. MS published a major update to DirectX 9.0c (the April update) and to retain the "Games for Windows" logo Firaxis had to update the code to use this new version.
                      If Firaxis releases a patch that causes problems without mentioning those potential problems, that's a Firaxis issue, whatever the underlying cause.

RJM
                      Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

I am also having this problem. It started out saying that I didn't have the DX9 DLL. I installed the DLL to the System32 directory, and once that was done, that issue went away but now it's giving me the same error as the first poster.

Init Error- Error Loading Shader Libraries

Thus Civ4 does not run and there doesn't appear to be any place that has a resolution.

I also agree with the fact that this is a Fireaxis problem. Things as basic as essential DirectX updates should be included in patches if they are needed for software to work. So if Fireaxis is going to be releasing patches that will prevent someone from being able to use their product as it was intended, they'd better make damn sure that it works.

$0.02.

Comment

A directx patch would be as large as the patch itself - the redist is 60mb. That's not going to happen any more than it would happen for any other game patch.

That said, it should have included a link to update.

Just installing the DLL is not enough, I suspect. Run the full update, that should fix it.
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Thank you for your response. Sadly, I cannot run the full update. M$ has locked down it's site for Windows Updates for people running an old OS like mine. I'm running Windows 2000. Years ago, I purchased a copy of the Win2Ksoftware. When I built a new machine last year, I could not find my original Win2K install disks. So I borrowed a friends copy and used a different keycode that I found online. So, I'm sure my system won't validate... and I don't think I should have to buy new operating system (Windows Vista) just so I can play Civ4. So, I guess what I'm hearing is that unless there is a link where I can do a full DirectX install somewhere without having to go through their validation process... I cannot play Civ4 ever again. Is that true?

Comment

You will be able to play Civ 4 as well as Warlords (as these also work without the newest patches that need DirectX 9.0c), but you won´t be able to play Beyond the Sword I suspect
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
                              X