Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jericho (TV series)

Is that good?

Maybe I would like to "acquire it" or began to listen on T.V.?

Thanks

CrONoS
    bleh

T. V. = Torrent viewing
    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

So, is that Torrent Viewing Show is good?
      bleh

Comment

Mindless unrealistic PAP.
        I saw most of them.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

If you have no trouble imagining a global nuclear war with absolutely no fallout, sure.
          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

... no radioactive man
            bleh

Comment

I saw the entire first season. It's ok. They had a string of episodes in the middle that were going nowhere and were pretty boring, but it got interesting again towards the end.

And there wasn't a global nuclear war. Just a few bombs blowing up a few American cities.
              "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Saw about five episodes and then lost interest. Interesting concept, but not worked out properly. Full of cliché and silly predictable characters, highly unrealistic portrait of what'd happen if a town like that got isolated from the rest of the world
                "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

And there wasn't a global nuclear war. Just a few bombs blowing up a few American cities.
                  And presumably a couple hundred ICBM bunkers, airbases, and submarines to then I guess.

I watched a few episodes with the folks, I asked so many questions they kicked me out of the room.
                  "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Ha, just read a synopsis of the plot.

Terrorists get a 1000000% increase in intelligence and resources, a la Nicaragua and Cuba in Red Dawn

Comment

Originally posted by Traianvs
                      Saw about five episodes and then lost interest. Interesting concept, but not worked out properly. Full of cliché and silly predictable characters, highly unrealistic portrait of what'd happen if a town like that got isolated from the rest of the world
                      Yep, that kind of sums it up. But I still watched it hoping it would get better. Got cancelled first.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Its uncanceled, at least 7 more episodes.

Comment

It's an entertaining romp, if you can bear through the first eight episodes. You could watch them by skipping or something like that, I suppose, or you could try catching up to the plot by reading synopses. After "Rogue River" it manages to build up and I was glad to hear it got uncancelled a month or two ago. It's not A grade but I'd call it strong B.
                          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I obviously liked it better than most of you. I simply assumed (without ever assessing the plausibility) that a terrorist group could get nukes and deploy them and took the story from there.

Once you get to that point, the story is of a little/medium town where they often come together and help each other and just as often stab each other in the back in their individual self interests. I think THAT has actually been reasonably realistic. People didn't get too altruistic and all join together in a fantasyworld NOR did everyone become anarchistic renegades. There was a bit of both in the town and even within people.

The thing that really bugged me in the last few episodes were the simplistic fighting tactics used. You KNOW an enemy with more guns and men are coming and you just tip over some carts and stand behind cars in an open spot. I've never been military but wouldn't it make more sense to hide out on the woods alongside a road and open up? Heck they have a few guys that can hunt and one crackerjack sniper-- send 4-5 of them with good rifles and just shoot the opposing truck drivers that were carrying the troops. heck a couple of trucks should crash and injure a good chunk of the opposing force. Even if the trucks just stop for a little while, you might be able to take out a few more guys before you disappear into the woods. Have 2 more guys at another spot a half mile further along etc etc. If you had 8-10 guys that were good shots, your could set up 3 ambushes that could slow down a truck conoy

Sp we have a war when one group thinks they can ride trucks on roads with impunity while the other group just waits for them??The tactics seem to be from the US CIVIL WAr-- lets stand across an open space and shoot at each other
                            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
                            X