Solver's (P)review of BtS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solver's (P)review of BtS?

Since the release date is this Friday, are we going to get an early review by Solver, like we did with Warlords?

I'm personally looking forward to this a lot.
    The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
    - Frank Herbert

Yeah, would be nice to help wet the appetite.

Comment

It's a pretty safe guess that he will be writing something. I know him, he just can't miss the chance to write lots of text.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Who really knows himself?
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Re: Solver's (P)review of BtS?

Originally posted by Martinus
          Since the release date is this Friday
          This Friday 20th? I thought it was the 27th...
          "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

Comment

Not in UK. According to most online suppliers it's realised this Friday. It gets dispatched on the Wed and some lucky people (possibly myself included) will actually receive the delivery on the Thurs!

Solver, can you pass on message to yourself asking when you intend to do your review?

Comment

Message pasted. Answered intercepted, saying it's currently classified information

Comment

Sweet. When is it out in the US then? Same time as the UK?
                "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

Comment

Most of the stores are lieing about the release date to encourage people pre-order. It will really be the 24th for North America and the 27th for everywhere else. Gamespot posted an article about this, but took it down continue with their lie.
                  USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                  The video may avatar is from

Comment

Solver, is it okay to post torrent links for BTS in this thread?

Comment

I daresay you know what the rules about piracy here are.

Comment

I hope that your BTS review is better than your GalCiv 2 one. I think you had a good review of Civ and Warlords but the Galciv review got me to buy Galciv. And galciv was ... pretty weak. Did you work on galciv too?

Comment

I think Solver was fair in his GalCiv2 review. As I recall, he found it lacking in a few key ways.
                          I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

I didn't "officially" review GalCiv2, I reviewed the expansion. Those are judged differently. I don't know if you've read my posts/review of vanilla GalCiv2. I was quite critical of the game there, thought it was pretty weak.

And no, I didn't work on GalCiv2.

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
                              I think Solver was fair in his GalCiv2 review. As I recall, he found it lacking in a few key ways.
                              In my official Dark Avatar review, I was quite positive. I did identify a few problems, but I mostly praised the game.

In my unofficial review of GalCiv2 itself, it was almost the opposite. I was highly critical of the AI and the gameplay, and had relatively little praise to offer.

Comment

Working...
                              X