Mark Cuban Applies to Buy Chicago Cubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Cuban Applies to Buy Chicago Cubs

I didnt even know the Cubs were for sale.. I would love to see Cuban bring some excitement to the NL.. Certainly, my team, the Phillies, could use some of his enthusiasm and dedication to winning at the ownership level. Perhaps the team that needs Cuban most of all is the team in my adopted hometown of Pittsburgh, which, coincidentally. is Cuban's real hometown.. Cuban has been making offers to the miserable Pirates for the past several years, but has been rebuffed every time.

Yeah, ever since the Tribune company was sold, Sam Zell has been looking to dump the Cubs (though not necessarily Wrigley Field). Cuban's been talking about it on and off for about a year now.

It'll be interesting to see if he is approved to buy them by the other owners... he's a fun guy, but not sure the other owners will think that
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Wait until the fun guy comes onto the field to argue with the umpires, turning them against the Cubs.
      He's a laugh riot, for sure.

uh huh.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

We've already got a guy to handle that aspect

Code:
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
        X