game policy question - refugees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• game policy question - refugees

what will be the policy in this game for refugees once a civ has been decimated?

think it is time this was made all nice and clear for all members of all teams before any such situation comes to pass

here kitty kitty kitty... wanna play some civ with our keshiks???
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

at least join with the mercs ???

or

join a team no where near start position

still way early in game...what say you folk ???
    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

start a new civ in a lost jungle and freak them all out when they find you gone native

Gurka 17, People of the Valley
      I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by Addled Platypus what say you folk ???
        I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

[quote]
          join a team no where near start position
          [quote]

But we're all going to interact eventually right? It would be better to only allow people to join the team that conquered them.

Comment

join the liberator or quit playing
            no sig

Comment

Refugees ? dont we get to keep slaves then ?
              A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

I think we could agree on a moratorium (10 turns or 25 turns or whatever) after which the members of the eliminated civ should be allowed to join any team they want (if the desired team accepts them, that is).

If you fear that bad feelings could be carried over to the new team, a public forum could be opened announcing the new membership, and the active teams would have the right to veto the move.

I'd find this as a fair solution to all parties involved.
                "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                --George Bernard Shaw
                A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                --Woody Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Tiberius
                  I think we could agree on a moratorium (10 turns or 25 turns or whatever) after which the members of the eliminated civ should be allowed to join any team they want (if the desired team accepts them, that is).

If you fear that bad feelings could be carried over to the new team, a public forum could be opened announcing the new membership, and the active teams would have the right to veto the move.

I'd find this as a fair solution to all parties involved.
                  I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Addled Platypus
                    at least join with the mercs ???
                    Is that meant to imply joining the mercs is embarrasing?!?!

One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

This is a much needed thread. Thanks Paddy.

Yes. What will we do with the members of Team AC once the Banano-a Unupartiaj Teritoriaj Trupoj solidly defeat them? I'd hate to see them leave the game.

My idea - not Team Banana's -
                      I think the conquering team(s) should get the right of first refusal, then the remaining refugees are dispersed to the winds and free to join another team after a set number of turns.
                      Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

Refugees can join the victors or leave. A defeated team wil have a lot of data that is really unfair to just give to another team. Sure there are RL refugees....but in WW2 the polish\french didnt just move to the UK and become policy makers in the gov! As it would be here
                        if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Or rather another team they had contact with prior to conquest.
                          -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                          -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

why can't we pay fees?

so since banana are about to anex AC, i'm looking for a new team.

i'm a turnplayer, so whats your team willing to donate me for joining?
                            http://www.danasoft.com/sig/scare2140.jpg

Comment

I've only really experienced this situation once in a team game.

In that case, the members were allowed to disperse through the teams, and there was no impact I could see with diplomacy. Team A was destroyed by Team B and screwed by Team C. They dispersed, and there was no radical shifts in the other participant's views of team B or C.

All other teams I've seen eliminated in demogames have not had members wanting to join other teams.

So, basing solely on my past experience, I would say that allowing folks to join whomever they wish would not seriously impact the game. I don't think 10 or 20 turn waiting is going to do much. If someone's pissed, they'll still be pissed.

We could make a statement of no sharing of specifics if you're worried. IE, no "hey, they have techs xyz and are researching this to build that" should be shared, but "Team banana invaded us with blackened banana peels which poisoned the streams and weakened our warriors, we were unable to repell the attack since GS refused to help and lasers proved ineffective against banana trees" type information should be ok.

The responsibility is for the team they are joining to take everything with a grain of salt. Yeah, they just got killed off, of course they are biased. Remember it's only one side of the story.

My opinion only, all that jazz.
                              Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; July 12, 2007, 13:00.
                              One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
                              X