game policy question - refugees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its the poly way
    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

So we're setting a deadline of the TBA release date of ciV and spending between now and then drinking Vodka, am I getting this right?
      GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

Originally posted by Wise Ass
        So we're setting a deadline of the TBA release date of ciV and spending between now and then drinking Vodka, am I getting this right?

Yep - I think you've got it right!

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Originally posted by Wise Ass
          works for me
          Gurka 17, People of the Valley
          I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by Kataphraktoi
            Maybe time for a poll and an actual decision
            Maybe we could form a committee

Everyone please note which team dug up this old topic and is obviously afraid for their own survival. For yes, a storm gathers in the east and you are about to be smacked by the Banana of Truth! There is still time for the RKs to cease this senseless war. Surrender now and we will not need to discuss what to do with your refugees.
            Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

A certain team topped the thread? I think you should check your data

What about political refugees?
              if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Just for info - a poll in Team AC resulted in:

Join the victor: 5
                Join any civ having contact with: 6
                -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by binTravkin
                  Or rather another team they had contact with prior to conquest.
                  A team they'd likely be sympathetic to in real life like an ally or something.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Well, that team would be of their (every member on his own) choosing.
                    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

I'll go over a few things:

Our knowlegde of the world is minimal. Our world map is litterly tiny. If we were to join a team we don't already have contact with, I don't see any impact we could put on game. I don't really see a difference between us joining Vox or GS than the civs on the other continents.

I do have a queston. Would a defeated team be able to keep their old civgroup badge and join a new team?
                      USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                      The video may avatar is from

Comment

Originally posted by Will
                        Would a defeated team be able to keep their old civgroup badge and join a new team?
                        Technically yes.

Civ group badges show that you have access to a civgroup and thereofre any private forum they may have.
                        I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

so its a no, since without the new badge you cannot enter the forum of the new team?
                          http://www.danasoft.com/sig/scare2140.jpg

Comment

You can have multiple badges within the same demogame, nothing about the civgroups system disallows that. I think I remember some of the Lux Invicta refugees in the PTWDG having two badges after their defeat.

Comment

OK so we going to vote on this?????????
                              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

I just figured it should be up to the individual teams who they allow into their civ.

But I'm all for people shifting teams upon their defeat. It's up to each civ to decide how to implement that.

Comment

Working...
                                X