game policy question - refugees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wise Ass
    Actually, I'm going to state right here and now that who ever controls splitsville is the team I'm going to be a part of- considering they'll have me.
    So what if that city ever gets destroyed?
    http://www.danasoft.com/sig/scare2140.jpg

Comment

People actually get upset about that?
      I think this is a fruitless discussion as long as one part assumes the best case scenario (that is that all of us are adults and reasonable and don't do stupid stuff).

There has been enough strife just by misunderstood RP in previous DGs

Anyways - let's see what the team votes are.
      -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
      -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Nugog
        And you ain't done it yet................
        At two weeks for the last turn it's a wonder we've got as far as we have

Comment

-- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Lacero

At two weeks for the last turn it's a wonder we've got as far as we have

True, true.
            I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Originally posted by -SafaN-

So what if that city ever gets destroyed?
              At that point I may think someone was trying to offend me.
              GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
                I've only really experienced this situation once in a team game.

In that case, the members were allowed to disperse through the teams, and there was no impact I could see with diplomacy. Team A was destroyed by Team B and screwed by Team C. They dispersed, and there was no radical shifts in the other participant's views of team B or C.

All other teams I've seen eliminated in demogames have not had members wanting to join other teams.

So, basing solely on my past experience, I would say that allowing folks to join whomever they wish would not seriously impact the game. I don't think 10 or 20 turn waiting is going to do much. If someone's pissed, they'll still be pissed.

We could make a statement of no sharing of specifics if you're worried. IE, no "hey, they have techs xyz and are researching this to build that" should be shared, but "Team banana invaded us with blackened banana peels which poisoned the streams and weakened our warriors, we were unable to repell the attack since GS refused to help and lasers proved ineffective against banana trees" type information should be ok.

The responsibility is for the team they are joining to take everything with a grain of salt. Yeah, they just got killed off, of course they are biased. Remember it's only one side of the story.

My opinion only, all that jazz.
                Ditto
                *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Maybe time for a poll and an actual decision
                  Maybe we could form a committee
                  if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

a decision around here
                    that is an excellent idea
                    but how to implement it
                    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

Yes this issue will need resolving...very soon
                      Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
                        Yes this issue will need resolving

...very soon

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

well considering we have only been discussing it for 2 months and 1 day, we really should take some time to ponder over all the thought that has gone into the various posts here already

after that it is probably wise to head for the nearest bar and consume as much vodka as possible before collapsing in some sort of alcoholic coma...

only known remeidy for giving posts such consideration

Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                          I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
                            well considering we have only been discussing it for 2 months and 1 day, we really should take some time to ponder over all the thought that has gone into the various posts here already

after that it is probably wise to head for the nearest bar and consume as much vodka as possible before collapsing in some sort of alcoholic coma...

only known remeidy for giving posts such consideration

That gets my vote!!!
                            GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

Ya agreed, although I am not sure we have talked it to death quite enough yet, especially by poly standards.............
                              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

If we want to talk it to death, it'll be ciV demogame when the talk ends (and starts anew).

Comment

Working...
                                X