Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -SafaN-
    why can't we pay fees?

so since banana are about to anex AC, i'm looking for a new team.

i'm a turnplayer, so whats your team willing to donate me for joining?
    You belong over here, that's for sure.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

All refugees are always welcome here.

Stop by to buy a cookie or a Rice Krispie Treat; and stick around to lurk the rest of the game.
      Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
        I've only really experienced this situation once in a team game.

In that case, the members were allowed to disperse through the teams, and there was no impact I could see with diplomacy. Team A was destroyed by Team B and screwed by Team C. They dispersed, and there was no radical shifts in the other participant's views of team B or C.

All other teams I've seen eliminated in demogames have not had members wanting to join other teams.

So, basing solely on my past experience, I would say that allowing folks to join whomever they wish would not seriously impact the game. I don't think 10 or 20 turn waiting is going to do much. If someone's pissed, they'll still be pissed.

We could make a statement of no sharing of specifics if you're worried. IE, no "hey, they have techs xyz and are researching this to build that" should be shared, but "Team banana invaded us with blackened banana peels which poisoned the streams and weakened our warriors, we were unable to repell the attack since GS refused to help and lasers proved ineffective against banana trees" type information should be ok.

The responsibility is for the team they are joining to take everything with a grain of salt. Yeah, they just got killed off, of course they are biased. Remember it's only one side of the story.

My opinion only, all that jazz.
        I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy-O
          This is a much needed thread. Thanks Paddy.

Yes. What will we do with the members of Team AC once the Banano-a Unupartiaj Teritoriaj Trupoj solidly defeat them? I'd hate to see them leave the game.

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Originally posted by PJayTycy
            join the liberator or quit playing
            sorry for quoting myself, but I think this sounded harsher than intended.

I'd have no problem with any body joining an other team who they've had 30+ turns of (active) diplomacy contact with. IE: they know the history of the civs involved, who invaded who, for which (false) reasons etc... If they moved to another team, that team gets information they'd normally not have.

So, when we all fall to our deaths by slipping over the banana peels on their city walls, we could join Banana, GS or Vox, but not the other teams.
            no sig

Comment

sorry for quoting myself, but I think this sounded harsher than intended.
              NO! I took it as your eagerness to join Team Banana.

Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

I personally (and that is, just personally, I don't speak for GS) think that refugees should only be allowed to join their conquerers or teams with which they shared very close relationships (before being exterminated).

But given that teams can refuse to accept refugees I don't think it's a big deal, I'd tend to accept "If it makes RP sense" - like if an unarmed party of refugees could credibly make the journey to the territory of the team they wish to join, then they can request to join that team.

I trust that there are checks and balances to prevent illegal information being dispersed, mainly in the form of the game mods and the honest players who will draw the mods attention to shady business.

Comment

Originally posted by PJayTycy
                  I'd have no problem with any body joining an other team who they've had 30+ turns of (active) diplomacy contact with. IE: they know the history of the civs involved, who invaded who, for which (false) reasons etc... If they moved to another team, that team gets information they'd normally not have.
                  I might agree, except I'm not really sure what the point of trying to control such information is, given teams can already post freely in this forum.

Granted, you have more certainty that a refugee is being honest (from their PoV) than a still-kicking team; but ultimately, why try for any sort of lockdown when a team can already post what it wants before it ever gets eliminated?

I should be clear here that I don't speak for Merc. But I personally think we might as well let refugees join any team that will have them.

And as UnO says, a lot of DGs actually had a lot of refugees choose to "stay dead" so to speak. The pattern I've noticed is that each successive team to die had less and less eliminated players joining other teams - the farther into the game, the less interest in picking up again with a new team. (Of course, this DG could always buck the trend, so I suppose we should plan for all possibilities.)

Comment

My expirience shows that when a team is going to be eliminated the things start to be rough, i.e. there is a lot of talk, usually very aggressive and embarassing. In these talks the people always reveal more than they should. This makes me wonder what is the problem to join any other team if you like.

Comment

I had thought about the questions posted. IMO, PJayTycy last post
                      gives a resumee: information, knowledge.

Now an interesting point: the only ones who really know the "asserts"
                      the defeated team could carry to a new team are its members (and,
                      of course, the Adm).

In the current game, I can say to all teams that we - the Banana
                      players - know very,very little of AC (as a matter of fact, their attacking units) and nothing about others.

We don't even know where we are on the global map.
                      The only piece of valuable (if valuable it is) knoweledge we have is
                      our own territory and that will remain until end of the game.

I think I gave an accurate picture, without disclose data, that can
                      help to make a decision.

Best regards,

Comment

I'm still completely ok with joining any team with which there's a contact - either be conquered or get political asylum.

Joining teams one doesn't have contact with is NOT ok imo as those teams would get all too valuable information about the happenings on the other continent and would be able to deduct where on map it is.
                        -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                        -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

I think binT's point is very important; all other considerations aside, contact rules must at least be preserved, as that is in the spirit of other rules you all have chosen.

If someone's willing to suggest options we can have a poll on this... not sure what the options would be atm.
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Poll options revised

Refugees can join the victors or leave
                            Refugees can join anyone
                            Refugees can join known teams
                            Refugees can leave the game and curse their bad mojo
                            if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

I think we should be able to join any team if defeated but mentioning what we know should be strictly banned. (and we don't know very much)
                              Last edited by Will9; July 15, 2007, 10:34.
                              USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                              The video may avatar is from

Comment

Originally posted by Will9
                                I think we should be able to join any team if defeated but mentioning what we know should be strictly banned. (and we don't very much)

Comment

Working...
                                X