Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unit.txt question

Hi,

I was trying to make the Elephant Warrior a Ranged unit, so it would at least be able to make use of its ranged abilities. Since it didn't work at all, I was looking around (and communicating with Walter) and I came across the following.

Some unit entries in units.txt have the usual category set (Flanker, Attack, Ranged, Defense) in the beginning of the entry, but a bit lower there are also the following entries:

isFlanker
    isRanged
    isSpecialForces
    DeathEffectsHappy

How does this relate to the initial unit settings higher in the entry? Are these - somewhat rarely used - entries just a way to combine things (for instance, UNIT_TYPE_RANGED to make a unit appear in the ranged row, and isFlanker to also make the unit appear on the sides of that ranged row) or does it mean something completely different?

And what does DeathEffectsHappy mean?

Thanks a lot in advance

Tellius
    Only tyrants need worry about tyrant-killers

The 'is' stuff is unrelated to the category unless you manually relate them by making sure your ctegory and flag are the same (ASFAIK)

The DeathEffectsHappy - not een sure it works I'll see if there is code for it.
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Hi,

The 'is' stuff is unrelated to the category unless you manually relate them by making sure your ctegory and flag are the same (ASFAIK)
      Than what is the purpuse of the 'is' entries? Sure you can enter Flanker both in the regular way and in the 'is' entry, but I don't think this is the purpose of the whole 'is' thing (the 'is' entries only appear in a few units, most of the time only the regular way is used to make a unit attack, ranged, flanker...

I think DeathEffectHappy might be that when this unit dies, there is a happiness penatly... Could this be the case?

Thanks

Tellius
      Only tyrants need worry about tyrant-killers

Comment

The Is entries may be related to the 'BonusAgainstX' code I added.

For all the unit flags (relativel up to date) I put it in this thread:

I think DeathEffectsHappy is supposed to do that, but I never noticed it in game.
        Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Re: Unit.txt question

Originally posted by Tellius
          or does it mean something completely different?
          That is pretty close I guess. Simply Category doesn't do anything in terms of game mechanics. It is simply a StringID and only used for the army manager and the little window that displays how many units of each category you have.

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
          X