Well I'll be damned...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I'll be damned...

Remember that Ponzi scheme thing I posted a while back? Well, I ended up doing ----- for money, and lo and behold, it worked! I did the $250 offer, and I've attached an image of my PayPal account getting paid.

I don't know if I'm allowed to solicit for referrals here, and if I'm not, I apologize and will understand if this gets deleted or locked. But, apparently one of those sites does work at least. So if you want to try out the $250, I'd be much obliged if you signed up under my referral link: ----

[section deleted by Mao]

Also, in the midst of doing all this, I've stumbled upon some other GPT sites too, mostly ----- . This site allows you to earn money just by giving an e-mail address and/or zip code (you can also do the ones where you have to give money, but I've largely avoided those on this site). I made a junk hotmail account and just give them my zip code. My hotmail gets spammed, but so what? heh. If you're interested in doing --------, I'd also be much obliged if you signed up under my link here too: ------ . Oh, and if you do the e-mail/zip offers, you're supposed to clear your cookies each time.

Anyway, so this is what I'm doing for the summer without a job...how sad...

BUT, on the bright side, I did do a little public good by letting people curious to know that at least two of these sites do work. The way I understand it is that the website gets money for each customer they refer, and they pass on a portion of that to you. So it's not really a Ponzi scheme in the sense that there is a service being exchanged (basically company A pays the advertising company who then also pays the consumer). But heh, who knew these things actually work...
    Last edited by Mao; July 11, 2007, 01:10.
    Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

This isn't what I'd expect from a poster known as Mao.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I don't know if I'm allowed to solicit for referrals here
      no, you're not.

post edited, pending deletion.

when did you get back?
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
        I don't know if I'm allowed to solicit for referrals here
        no, you're not.

post edited, pending deletion.

when did you get back?
        OK, that's cool. Is the post OK in the form it's in now? with the site and such deleted already?

Oh, and I've been back for a bit, but only posting a little bit (yeah, shocking, I know...)

Comment

well you can delete the asking people to pm you part as well. although i believe the thread should be deleted at all. but i'm not a mod

so what's up? how's the coffee shop?

Comment

Wow, coffee shop...that brings back memories...way way back when. Gah, is anyone running it now?

Oh, now I took the name of all the sites out and the part about the PM, what do you think? Yeah yeah, you're not a mod, but I have a feeling you still have some influence...

Oh, and can anyone see the image? I thought I attached it but I can't see it...

Comment

it can live for a while

Comment

testing attachments
                Attached Files

Comment

Let's try again...
                  Attached Files

Comment

yay, it works! stupid 800 pixel limit...

Comment

You know, Mao, there are cases of these Ponzi scams paying their victims some money to appear legitimate in order to keep suckers reeled in...

A Ponzi scheme is an investment fraud that pays existing investors with funds collected from new investors. Ponzi schemes are named after Charles Ponzi. In the 1920s, Ponzi promised investors a 50% return within a few months for what he claimed was an investment in international mail coupons. Ponzi used funds from new investors to pay fake “returns” to earlier investors.

"Ponzi" Schemes

Ponzi schemes are a type of illegal pyramid scheme named for Charles Ponzi, who duped thousands of New England residents into investing in a postage stamp speculation scheme back in the 1920s. Ponzi thought he could take advantage of differences between U.S. and foreign currencies used to buy and sell international mail coupons. Ponzi told investors that he could provide a 40% return in just 90 days compared with 5% for bank savings accounts. Ponzi was deluged with funds from investors, taking in $1 million during one three-hour period—and this was 1921! Though a few early investors were paid off to make the scheme look legitimate, an investigation found that Ponzi had only purchased about $30 worth of the international mail coupons.

Decades later, the Ponzi scheme continues to work on the "rob-Peter-to-pay-Paul" principle, as money from new investors is used to pay off earlier investors until the whole scheme collapses. For more information, please read pyramid schemes in our Fast Answers databank.
                      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

*shrug*

Maybe, but I still get the impression that this isn't a Ponzi scheme. But people can think what they wish... Is there any way to even prove that something isn't a Ponzi scheme?
                        Last edited by Mao; July 11, 2007, 16:05.

Comment

I think people are confused about ponzi shchemes.

You do make money at them. It's just the people at or near the top are making the most. And if you happen to be at the bottom...

Comment

Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Mao
                              But people can think what they wish...
                              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
                              X