Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random natural disaster or melted ice by nuke ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random natural disaster or melted ice by nuke ?

One turn after i nuked 2 cities on ice tiles to
    the north ...

... i was victim of a terrible flood just at the south !

Is this only a ramdom natural distaster or...
    global polution level or...
    it was because i nuked two cities on ice titles
    (this one would be cool )

?!?!
    [This message has been edited by Louis Cyr (edited December 29, 2000).]

The Ice Melted from the incredible kinetic energy released from the nuclear blast. The island between the nuke blasts and where you were flooded was really high above sea level so It could survive but your land mass was not. The only explanantion I can give.

Comment

Now that's destruction ! LOL
      It seems to destroy swamp only however, can you confirm the destroyed (sunken) cities themselves were on swamp squares ?

Comment

He, he. Reminds me of the early Med Mod I testing days before Wes modified the pollution from the Space launches. Haven't seen this one in a while.
        Don,
        CtPMaps (Hosted by Apolyton)

Comment

quote:

Now that's destruction ! LOL
          It seems to destroy swamp only however, can you confirm the destroyed (sunken) cities themselves were on swamp squares ?

Damn i have not seen this but your right!
          Only swamp tiles have been flooded !

[This message has been edited by Louis Cyr (edited December 29, 2000).]

Comment

If only swamps were flooded then you triggered a global warming. By chance do you know what the pollution level was before the attack? In CtP1, the first global warming would turn all swamps into water (i used this tactic to terraforming islands and moots). i assume that its the same in CtP2. Check the gw.txt to sea.

------------------
            History is written by the victor.

Comment

Oh well, at least you've already got some improvements in place if you decide to build sea colonies...

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by lago on 12-29-2000 07:21 PM
                Oh well, at least you've already got some improvements in place if you decide to build sea colonies...

More then that, if you look at the screen shot,
                you will see that my railroads are always there
                (like bridges) and YES i can walk on it ! LOL

Comment

Swamps are extremely close to sea level- I think.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Alpha Wolf on 12-29-2000 05:44 PM
                    If only swamps were flooded then you triggered a global warming. By chance do you know what the pollution level was before the attack? In CtP1, the first global warming would turn all swamps into water (i used this tactic to terraforming islands and moots). i assume that its the same in CtP2. Check the gw.txt to sea.

My empire polution level was 5987 i dont known how
                    i can have the total polution of the world ?

But i replayed this turn without nuking this two ice
                    tiles and i have not been flooded even if my polution
                    continue to grown fast for 10 turns!

BTW here is my new sea-walking-marine

Comment

I thought i remember seeing somewhere that nukes cause alot of pollution. What happened when you only explode one?

In CtP1, I could never figure out which roads and rails would survive over water. I do remember also that tunnels in shallow water were destroyed but deeper ones survived.

------------------
                      History is written by the victor.

Comment

(road and railroad bridges)

[sigh] and yet another bug be discovered [/sigh]

Comment

Nukes cause 100,000 or 1,000,000 pollution each time (or some other ludicrously huge number). Thus, your swamps were flooded by global warming (an odd result, considering the biggest fear from nuclear exchange used to be nuclear *winter*!).

This highlights one of the things I have always disliked - you can't modify the tile under your city. You might have terraformed all those swamps away and kept most of the continent, but you'd still lose your cities...

Comment

Now you say it, yes indeed you cannot terraform the city square once it's built ! (I'm almost sure you COULD do this in ctp1, anyone ?)
                            I usually terraform my city grounds before I found them, and that's why I think this tactic is GREAT !
                            I just tried it (nuked a couple of cities with cyber ninjas) and wiped 5 or so cities off of the face of the earth !
                            Of course this can only be done once, after that you get extra dead tiles when the pollution bar overflows.
                            (posted the road bugs in "Suggestions")

Comment

After which, the third time around it's flood time agin, only this time bigger and badder. Rinse, lather, repeat, and before long you've got Waterworld.
                              When you laugh, the world laughs with you.
                              When you cry, the world laughs at you.

Comment

Working...
                              X