Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey snoopy!

Just curious.

The die is cast and whatever you say will not influence us at all. Nor will it ever be posted publicly, unless you deem to comment on the firestorm that may errupt out there soon.

I'm curious, though.

As an outside observer: Do you see us as being down right dirty, or just absolutely neutral? Perhaps a bit of both?

Basically, in your opinion, have we done as well as can be expected in keeping to the concept: Neutral to all, not attacking unless attacked, seeking fair compensation in the event we are attacked, no more, selling units to everyone should they meet the price.

And are you enjoying the show? I somehow doubt any other continent, diplomacy, or war(s) have been as entertaining.

And, knowing what you know now, would you want to play in a game with a Merc team?
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Wow, it'd been a few days since I've read your forum... wrong few days I guess

I had guessed something like this would happen when I first read you had two simultaneous contracts. I was wrong about the way in which it would happen, though... more specifically about which team would react negatively.

It seems like you've followed the concept well, don't have a problem with it there The problem with the concept is, even in literally the best case scenario for you (this one) it's still incredibly risky for you.

In the future, I would suggeste physically transferring units. That way you are not forced to be in a state of war with another team...

And yes, this continent amuses me greatly (as does the other). The RNG selected you three to be together, but I couldn't have asked for a better setup
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Mind you... Sarantium hasn't had a chance to react yet.

And heck... a little risk makes it worth waiting a whole week to get turn back!!

Comment

This is very true.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
          In the future, I would suggeste physically transferring units. That way you are not forced to be in a state of war with another team...
          Well, then we would need a way of getting them back, which would be EXTREMELY problematic. not to mention we can only transfer control in their territory, not on the border where folks want to use the units they're renting.

I had guessed something like this would happen when I first read you had two simultaneous contracts. I was wrong about the way in which it would happen, though... more specifically about which team would react negatively.
          Me too, me too....
          One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by polarnomad
            Mind you... Sarantium hasn't had a chance to react yet.
            If Aidun is still active there, I half expect him to get pissed and quit. I suspect Beta to go public. WB may or may not be active any longer, he had quit the team, don't know if he rejoined. con, it will be interesting to see how he takes it.

I think the Horde may have been taken aback a bit when I told them to go ahead and post it publicly.

The question now is do they have the ability to settle their differences and jointly attack us, and if they do, do they have the intelligence to first pay their debts?
            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I'm a little surprised by the reaction so far. I expected feedback surprised in nature, but this kind of "I'm gonna tell on you" attitude is disappointing.

I expect the Horde to claim we broke their contract and not pay anything at this point. Not sure about Sarantium, but we'll find out soon enough.

Comment

Welcome to demogaming. That was pretty much the typical reaction. Though some would have just posted it publicly before making an "I'm gonna tell" response.

My favorite is the Feudal team from the last game. We screwed up a contract, they would have never known, we contact them and agree to make a payment to them for our mistake.

Next thing we know, they are declaring on the public forum how we totally screwed them and cost them the game:

You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

UnO, Plato has asked me to confirm the timing of the contracts. Do you mind if I confirm the timing to him? I told him I consider it not to be a matter of game rules, so I am not willing to do so without approval, but it might cause the game to run more smoothly so I would prefer to do so if you don't mind.

I will give only as much information as you prefer me to; I can either simply confirm one happened before the other, or give the specific amount of time between the two.

Comment

They happened within hours of each other. I'll provide you the links. You saw the polls. Sarantium's was formally requested a mere 2 hours before the Hordes IIRC. Informally, several turns. I don't know which would be better for you to go by for what he's asking.
                    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Horde first discussion of hiring us:

Dated 5-23.

Horde offer official: http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...87#post4938587

Dated 6-1, 22:30

Sarantium first discussion about hiring us:

Dated 4-28

Sarantium offer official: http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...43#post4937743

Dated 6-1, 07:00, but with the note it had been in my PM box without my knowledge for a little while. So likely a day or two before.

So not as close as I thought even.

Polls on the contracts:

Sarantium: http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=166669

Horde:

You can confirm Sarantium's offer came first, that it was agreed to first, made very clear in the polls, and that the Horde is getting precisely what they asked for in their contract despite that.

I'ld like input from the entire team whether to get into specifics of how long. I personally think that gets into a REAL grey area with reguards to our agreement not to disclose negotiations with other teams. Besides, that shouldn't matter. That they came first should be sufficient IMO.
                      Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; July 5, 2007, 22:33.
                      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

OK, will do (just confirm that it happened first). I imagine that's adequate. You all should have to figure things out on your own anyway

Comment

Mercs don't have anything to figure out. I already explained that Sarantium's offer came first.
                          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I don't think they need any more info. If they were so worried about the contract not to attack them, they would have reminded us. As it is, this is just an attempt to squirm out of a situation that they allowed to happen.

Comment

I mean you have to figure out how to handle the diplomacy mess you got yourself into

I am tempted to start selling tickets though...

Comment

Working...
                              X