X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siege of The Voice

RP by Hot Mustard
    Siege of The Voice

The first Stormia strategy was non-violent. Our leaders thought that perhaps if we just denied the Voxians some basic necessities and made it unpleasant to live in The Voice, they would leave. For countless years was this approach waged, with the riff-raff of the Stormian army occupying the lands around The Voice. These were the bullies and brutes - those who were forced into the army to serve penalty for crimes.

One day however, surprising news reached our generals - the brutes had been there so long that they had become quite familiar with the comings and goings of Voxians, and had noticed a unique opportunity - the city was defended by just a single formation of Archers - well trained Archers, but all the same, just a single formation. In addition, it seemed that the civilians were not planning an entire evacuation, as hoped, but to split off and found another city in the area.

The generals talked late into the night and eventually decided that though the forces present were raw, that a possible victory and early end to the war was worth the risk, and an attack was ordered. Each formation of hooligans was to attack in turn, and to check back before proceeding, but sadly...as maybe should have been foreseen...these rough soldiers didn't follow their orders too closely, and they simply all attacked. Laughably, they did follow one aspect of their orders and attacked in sequence, rather than all at once, probably giving the defenders the respite needed to pull off the victory.

That day confirmed to all of Stormia just how evil the RNG gods are, and how we must be better prepared in the future.

Despite the setback, all of Stormia had already been hard at work recruiting a proper army. The next generation might still have their roots in thuggery (in particular, those famous for shenanigans on the frozen Thunder River in the winter), but they have been trained, and given more appropriate weaponry.

The Gathering Storm [i]will[/b] wipe The Voice from this land!
    I had hoped this would get edited and massaged by the team when I first scratched it together 10 days ago, but alas, that did not happen. So here it is anyways, rough, but hopefully still entertaining.

Thugs and brutes? Riff raf?

Those Stormians were the most powerful units in the game for nearly a 1000 years (and probably more)! And there were 3 of them!

Also, I like how you claim that your new units have their roots in "thuggery" so you have a built in excuse when we kill them too!

Good show! Give more!
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

The RNG gods hate us.
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I would REALLY REALLY like to get a detailed look at this exchange in the future. Even a good solid non-rp description of what happened.

We get a good sense of what's going on, but there are questions I have for both sides, ones probably not best to ask/answer at present with respective securities at stake.

In the mean time, keep up the writing. I can only hope you guys keep it up till one of you hires us to solve your little dispute.
        One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

RNG Devils is more like it!

I wouldn't call the story rough. Good job!
          Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
            I can only hope you guys keep it up till one of you hires us to solve your little dispute.
            If Vox is around long enough for that to be possible, GS would have some serious explaining to do.
            Last edited by Hot Mustard; June 22, 2007, 14:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy-O
              RNG Devils is more like it!
              Yeah, don't get us started on how the RNG Gods/Devils have shafted GS with each and every "shanty" we discovered in the wild.

Comment

....I'll be sad we can't claim to have been hired in every war like the Civ III Merc team, then. (well, ok, that game is still sort of going, if you call a turn every few months going, so that claim might change)
                One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by Krill
                  The RNG gods hate us.
                  I am pretty sure we had over a 60% chance of victory.

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Love to know what the odds on that third one actually was. 1st 2 are understandable, just trying to injure. The third is the interesting one.
                    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Well, according to the site I used, I had 60% on the whole thing. I think that they were a bit lucky on the 1st or 2nd.

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller

I am pretty sure we had over a 60% chance of victory.

JM
                        No, you didn't. It was far less than 40%.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

If anyone wants to spend time doing it...

Use the world builder. Make sure to not save random seed.

Put up a city with palace and quite a bit of culture. Put a city def 2 archer in it and fort it. Skip 5 turns to give it the max fort bonus.

Put 3 skirmishers down and declare war. Move adjacent to the city.

Save the game.

Open it 100 times and attack with all 3 skirms. Report back how many times you win and how many times you lose.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

or reload your old save and report the odds reported before each attack
                            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

can't you see the odds in the in-game log ??
                              no sig

Comment

Working...
                              X