GENERAL: E-Cafe III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EPW View Post
    I've recently updated to the latest revision[1039] from 1. This one is strange: the game doesn't recognize the "NoUnits" flag in strategies.txt file. I had to comment them out.
    Maybe the strategies database description file wasn't properly recompiled, compile it manually or clean the whole project and compile everything again.

Originally posted by EPW View Post
    2. I get a crash when I quit the game(Is this new?). No crash.txt generated.

I'm using the final with logging executable.
    That's also in the final version. But maybe it does not occur on each occasion. I guess it is in since revision 1038 and it slept in unnoticed by me. One thing I know is that there is also a problem that is shifted around if you change major aspects of the program structure. Actually this makes it difficult to track the problem, at least I can figure out whether it appears the after last logging event.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Maybe the strategies database description file wasn't properly recompiled, compile it manually or clean the whole project and compile everything again.
      Okay. I didn't mean to upload a new strategies.txt btw; I'll fix it when I get home.
      "

Comment

• 2. I get a crash when I quit the game(Is this new?). No crash.txt generated
        I've seen that happen on and off as far back as two or three years.

Nice to see the project still going BTW I may jump in again at some point, but I'm busy with a new job now.
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• There is still room for 4 more buttons on the minimap. Ideas?
          "

Comment

• Who is trading with me, where, and how much are they making

Originally posted by EPW View Post
            There is still room for 4 more buttons on the minimap. Ideas?
            Probably doesn't fit on the minimap per se, but I've always wanted a way to see who is trading with me, in what cities, and maybe even how much they are making. Tracing the trade lines out of my city back to their source isn't very efficient. The reason I want the info is so I can decide if I want to pirate the trade right there in my city using the unit garrisioned in it. I realize the AI won't tolerate that for long, but it may be someone I don't care for that much, but don't want to embargo them.

In a related vein, I'd like to see how much I'm making from conversions, and franchises, similiar to how I can see how much I'm losing due to those actions.

Comment

• a minimap that shows cities with slaves or franchises might be cool. maybe one for revolting cities. or maybe one that shows cities by increments of 10 so you can see where the big cities are?
              Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• Originally posted by MisterEd View Post
                Probably doesn't fit on the minimap per se, but I've always wanted a way to see who is trading with me, in what cities, and maybe even how much they are making. Tracing the trade lines out of my city back to their source isn't very efficient. The reason I want the info is so I can decide if I want to pirate the trade right there in my city using the unit garrisioned in it. I realize the AI won't tolerate that for long, but it may be someone I don't care for that much, but don't want to embargo them.

In a related vein, I'd like to see how much I'm making from conversions, and franchises, similiar to how I can see how much I'm losing due to those actions.
                I suppose I could make one that only shows your own trade routes, or trade routes to your cities, or perhaps color code them in some way. The minimap is awfully small though and it might not help much.

Conversion Profits on the minimap doesn't sound very practical. If you meant in general; I believe you can see the overall loses in the empire manager now.
                "

Comment

• Originally posted by Ekmek View Post
                  a minimap that shows cities with slaves or franchises might be cool. maybe one for revolting cities. or maybe one that shows cities by increments of 10 so you can see where the big cities are?

I would like these things, but I think it would take a complete revamping of the minimap to make it look good. Mainly, the ability to show pictures on it. Right now I can draw rectangles on it, which I did for the Capitol, but if we have all these different things we would need to use pictures. I would like to add it, but I don't know where to start. It would probably also require the ability to resize the minimap to fit everything, which would be a good thing to have anyways.
                  "

Comment

• I see you didn't like my code very much Martin. Though in my defense, most of the mess was the original authors fault, and I just supplemented it. I did actually make some of the changes you made though, I just hadn't uploaded them yet.
                    "

Comment

• Can anyone else download the playtest from this link?

It just ends immediately when I try.
                      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora View Post
                        Can anyone else download the playtest from this link?
                        Nope, and I can't reach http://ctp2files.apolyton.net/ either.

-Martin

Comment

• It seems like everything but the forums are unreachable on 'Poly.

I wish I hadn't been lazy and uploaded the playtest to WePlayCiv now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora View Post
                            It seems like everything but the forums are unreachable on 'Poly.
                            That has been fixed.

-Martin

Comment

• Yep, got it now

BTW I got a "page not found" for the directory link to the original source code zip at:

which redirects to:

but the file does exist at http://ctp2files.apolyton.net/source/ctp2source.zip

Comment

Working...
                              X