GENERAL: E-Cafe III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GENERAL: E-Cafe III

Our famous cafe after 3 years of successful service needed a renovation. Yeah those 500 post made it necessary. But we are back in time to celbrate my birthday and still here at Apolyton avenue and CtP2 Source Code boulevard corner, downtown.

We are just bigger and better with new jokes, crazy stories and lot of fun.
    You can bring your own coffee, cookies, beer and whiskey and those crazy stuff.

This cafe has been named after our currently most active member:

E

That's a nice ambiguity, isn't it.

To remind you why this thread exists :

You can post here, anything that you shouldn't post in this forum, generally everything straightly unrelated but related some how with this community and its residents. Do not post news and events from around the world. There is a more appropriate forum for this sort of things: Off-Topic

The purpose of this thread is to have a break, some chat & fun and get familiar to each other.

Note that the Apolyton Forum Rules apply here as well so avoid spam, troll or flame of any kind and behave well

Have fun

Related threads

GENERAL: CtP2 Source Code Cafe
    GENERAL: Cafe "Tamerlin" II
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Well for the celebration of today I forgot the party people.

Ah, much better.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Yeah, this place is rocking!

How was the birthday? hopefully the Geman weather was nice
      Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Nice to see everyone at the brithday party!Hope you have many more to come.
        Peter Triggs posted in the other Cafe thread.Would be great to have him come back again.His Conquest mod is still one of the best at movement of AI units when at war.Even sea and air units which was always a weakness of the AI.
        Also has the Coup De'etat code which would be perfect for the playtest build.Weaker civs would join stronger ones and would make for tough end game face off with the AI.

Comment

Happy delayed birthday Martin! (work's draining my soul out... )

Just hope adding E (lowercase) suffixes won't bring any legal battle with any company, that would be silly

Comment

Happy belated birthday, Martin!

Comment

Originally posted by Protra3211
              Nice to see everyone at the brithday party!Hope you have many more to come.
              Peter Triggs posted in the other Cafe thread.Would be great to have him come back again.His Conquest mod is still one of the best at movement of AI units when at war.Even sea and air units which was always a weakness of the AI.
              Also has the Coup De'etat code which would be perfect for the playtest build.Weaker civs would join stronger ones and would make for tough end game face off with the AI.
              I agree, I really like some of the things Call to Conquest mod does. I don't think it uses Frenzy AI to group units and attack either does it?

The only thing I didn't like was the fairly bland maps, but I understand this was to help the AI build/develop cities in good terrain all the time, as it spaces them so far apart.
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

if any one has the time, if you go through the slic and take out the amjor concepts (and referencing what the slic code names are would really help). I can look for ways to hard code them and maybe make them game options like I did for 'one city challenge'. THe other options is to do via constDB for stuff that requires probability. I've been thinking of a way to do civil war code based on that. if the probability is 0.0 in costDB then you wont have civil wars in game, if not there is a chance that when a capital is captured it will cause a civil war (like civ1).

Comment

Here's what seems to be the main merge civ code:

Code:
                  /////////////////
                  //
                  //  Merge Civ 
                  //
                  //  original idea: Lou Wigman	
                  //
                  //  original scripting: The Immortal Wombat (aka Ben Weaver)
                  //
                  //  adapted for CTC by PT
                  //
                  /////////////////

void_f CTC_MergeCivs(int_t CivOne, int_t CivTwo, int_t CivOneUnitCount,  int_t PWtotal){ 
                  // give civ one assets to civ two

int_t    i;
                       int_t    RiotLevel;
                       int_t    HapBoost;
                       int_t    CivOneCityCount;
                  	int_t    CivOneUnitType[];

city_t   tmpCity;
                       city_t   CivOneCity[];

unit_t   tmpUnit;

location_t    tmpLoc;
                  	location_t    CivOneUnitLoc[];

// re-init CivOneUnit	arrays?
                      for (i=0;i 0){
                           if(Random(9)<1) {//include random chance of quicker merge
                              DoMerge=1;
                           }
                      }
                      if (DoMerge){
                  	    if (player[0].owner == MERGE_SOURCE){ //so MERGE_SOURCE must still be alive
                                if (IsPlayerAlive(MERGE_TARGET)){ 
                  			    DisableMessageClass(180103);//disable conquered by message
                  		         player[1]=MERGE_TARGET;    
                                     message(CTC_THE_CONQUERER,'CTC_ImportantNewsComingIn');
                  			    EnableTrigger('CTC_MergecivExec');
                  	         }
                           }
                      }
                      if (player[0].owner == CTC_THE_CONQUERER){//decrease count every time CTC_THE_CONQUERER has a turn
                           MERGE_COUNTDOWN=MERGE_COUNTDOWN-1;
                      }
                      if (MERGE_COUNTDOWN <0){ //shut down
                           CTC_THE_CONQUERER=0;
                  	    MERGE_SOURCE=0;
                  	    MERGE_TARGET=0;
                  	    EnableMessageClass(180103);
                           DisableTrigger('CTC_MergecivCheck');

// here's the place to check to see if we want to do another one

}
                  }

alertbox 'CTC_ImportantNewsComingIn' {
                      Title(ID_BREAKING_NEWS);
                      Text (ID_ImportantNewsComingInTxt );
                      Button(ID_BUTTON_CLOSE){
                           Kill();
                      }
                  }

HandleEvent(EndTurn) 'CTC_MergecivExec' pre {

int_t CivOneUnitCount;
                      int_t PWtotal;
                      int_t numAI;
                      int_t i;

if (!IsHumanPlayer(player[0].owner) ){//aborted if SLIC reloaded

player[1]=MERGE_TARGET;  
                  		PWtotal = player[1].publicworkslevel;
                  		PWtotal = PWtotal + player[0].publicworkslevel; 

CivOneUnitCount=player[0].units;
                  	    numAI=0;
                  	    for (i=1;i

Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

Seems too dead (more than usual ) around here so I'm bumping this thread.

I've got pretty bored of CIV4 (combat mainly) recently, not excited about the upcoming expansion either to be honest. I've been messing around with creating scenarios with the playtest, mainly to experiment and find bugs.

How many do we still have here anyway? I haven't seen Fromafar post recently, but he does come and go. (how) are we progressing on AI sea invasions/unit grouping/movement? What else is being worked on?

Comment

I was giving Hearts of Iron 2 Doomsday version a try.Not a bad game.Many mods are in the works .
                      Also have Supreme Ruler 2010.Very deep game and learning curve is so steep its taken more time to get thur then reading War and Peace.Not Call to Power by any means but does have many features found in civilization games.
                      Im thinking of using the merge code in the playtest to see if it works.Well look over the Conqust read me files.
                      There may be other features involved that allows the code to work right.

Comment

I'm still here of course. I had finals and two work trips a few weeks back. I still managed to squirt out new code.

ELITE & LEADERS: Mainly civ3 inspired but itallows for units to promote from veteran to elite (with a double medal icon) that basically adds the vet coefficient again. but also an elite unit can spawn a great leader if victorious. i recall that this kind of code was in CTC as well. The requiremenents for a moder is to have the constDB chances for combat leader and combat elite set above 0.0 and you need to create a leader unit. it can be anytype of unit but it has to have a line that says 'cantbuild' and 'leader' to prevent anyone from building it and for having the game to identify it as a leader

SEA INVASIONS: On seas invasions, I know next to nothing on the AI, but I'm wondering why the ai has to do the calc everyturn. maybe we can add a decision tree where the AI first determines whether it needs to do any sea stuff at all. Just thinking of how I play I usually either dock my boats somewhere and then do navy stuff or just ignore the navy. Maybe the AI should do the same, but it will be great for playtesters to tell us how you play navies so we can teach the AI that ay.

MERGE CIVS: I poked around the code. I think it will be easy to do a merge civ, there is a resetowner method that changes city ownership and we can just cycle it through all the cities. but thequestions is when should h game do it? I'm thinking that maybe we should have a flag for the Age.txt that once the human reaches a certain age then the merge will occur up to the number of civs speciefield in a line (i.e, have a line in age.txt like MergeAICiv 3, the # specifying how many max AI civs at that point). The other issue I leave to you guys is how do we determine which civs merge into which? I think using the canbuildunit method as a template I can check if civs have a similar culture/citystyle. I think I can also take something from diplomacy and see if they are on the same continent. Finally I guess if the the other two don't apply it will just be a merge of the lowerscore to the highest score.

thoughts?

Last note I tried out civ4 warlords, the alex scenario. not terrible, but already the single combat and the workers IRRITATE me. Other than that its a bit inspiring for a rework of the Ctp2 scenario, I would probably do it with my civ3 units/cities/terrain though.
                        Last edited by Ekmek; June 28, 2007, 17:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Protra3211
                          I was giving Hearts of Iron 2 Doomsday version a try.Not a bad game.Many mods are in the works .
                          Also have Supreme Ruler 2010.Very deep game and learning curve is so steep its taken more time to get thur then reading War and Peace.Not Call to Power by any means but does have many features found in civilization games.
                          Im thinking of using the merge code in the playtest to see if it works.Well look over the Conqust read me files.
                          There may be other features involved that allows the code to work right.
                          I've been playing HOI2 with Amageddon expansion aswell. Pretty tough but a great game.

The merge code would be great to get the AI competing right to the end, especially keeping up in size/growth. It made the game get gradually harder, whereas most other mods (except Dark Ages in AoM) it would start out hard and get gradually easier.

E you might want to have a word with Peter for any problems/faults/fixes with the merge code, or check the CtC thread. I'll check it later, I want to start another game of CtC aswell.

The Elite/Leaders idea sounds great if it all goes well.

Naval invasions I have no idea how to tell the AI to go about it, but it would have to be very simple stuff to suit every map.

For example, if the sea route to closest enemy city is larger than a land route to any enemy the AI should never perform a full sea invasion. Or even if there is ANY land route to the enemy a sea invasion plan should never be initiated. Then a navy should just stick to pillaging and go all out to win the land war.

Size of navy could be partially dependent on number of coastal cities, to protect the sea tile imps.

Comment

I heard a rumor over at civfanatics that Civ IV:BTS is going to have a tile improvement that costs gold to build.

Not Ctp2 news in itself, but if that code is available that means Civ4 couldhave something that works like PW. I know in CTP2 I'm usually more concerned about PW than Gold, so it wouldmke sense to have Civ4 use gold instead of PW.

Man, Gold for tileimps + corporations + Dale's stacked combat mod ... depending on how it works out, its getting tougher for me to stick to CTP2

Comment

On vacation for two weeks.Time to catch up on my reading.But of course will be giving the latest build 748 a try.
                              I have noticed Dale,s mod work too and wonder if Civ4 is worth giving a chance.The thing is CtP2 allows for a large map with many AI factions without putting a strain on your computor.From what I have gleaned from many threads is you need a least a gig of ram along with high end video card or you have problems playing Civ4.
                              Im not to far from those specs its a matter time before I upgrade.

Comment

Working...
                              X