GENERAL: E-Cafe III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am already playtesting with 849 and encountered some problems;

A goody hut gave a new town 2 tiles next to my capital ;-( Discovered from NW by a warrior, that warrior could enter that new town but thereafter couldn't exit that new town to SE,S,E but could to N,NW,W

Several barbarian attacks to towns where the barbarian was killed caused 4 x a slicerror in sequence, all armies disappeared from the screen (suddenly fortified in town)

Parameter #0 of type GEA_Army of event RunCombat is invalid
    the event was added during the event runcombat and was called from the executable
    possible the data became invalid between event-call and event-execution

Attacking a neighbour city with an army of 5 mixed bowmen, warriors and 1 hoplite caused a crash to the desktop ! Just before I was asked if I wanted to continue with this act of war and declare war. Ofcourse I did ;-)

Furthermore ; if I can't get a working tortoise version for W98 I can't get the 849 source files ?! I really want to start reading what is done the last years. The download page only offered downloads for versions of the last 2-3 years, so older versions are no longer available there.

Was nun, geehrter man ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by TomPoes

Furthermore ; if I can't get a working tortoise version for W98 I can't get the 849 source files ?! I really want to start reading what is done the last years. The download page only offered downloads for versions of the last 2-3 years, so older versions are no longer available there.

Was nun, geehrter man ;-)
      you can still read them online with anonymous access here:

Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Tom,

Darkdust told me he will be sending your access shortly!

Comment

A goody hut gave a new town 2 tiles next to my capital ;-(
          Well at the start you should look for goody huts and enter them, in the first few turns no Barbarians will turn up. If you still don't like your city you should build there a settler while the city is still size one.

Several barbarian attacks to towns where the barbarian was killed caused 4 x a slicerror in sequence, all armies disappeared from the screen (suddenly fortified in town)
          Parameter #0 of type GEA_Army of event RunCombat is invalid
          the event was added during the event runcombat and was called from the executable
          possible the data became invalid between event-call and event-execution[/QUOTE]

That looks like a real problem since RunCombat is supposed to have a valid army argument.

For some reason Fromafar put a link into his post, maybe it would be a good idea to follow it.

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Oops, sorry martin. I overlooked that completely. I read his warning about the versions which I already knew and thought it was an answer to E with a SIG-line

Followed the link now and will install this evening the working version.

BTW
            Do you think it is worthy to continue my game ? The army that was attacked by the barbarian and caused the error causes now an desktop-crash if I attack the Americans. Is my save-game now corrupt and is it better to start over ?

Comment

Hi again,

I got SVN to work, downloaded all #849 trunk files and compiled the stuff. Unfortunately I got a lot of errors in several cpp files

civapp.cpp , ArmyData.cpp , Barbarians.cpp , CityData.cpp
              GoodyHuts.cpp , Pollution.cpp , DataCheck.cpp
              worldutils.cpp , SlicEngine.cpp , ReligionRecord.cpp (missing!)
              net_crc.cpp , scenarioeditor.cpp , spnewgamediffscreen.cpp

Attached a file with >some< lines from the log.

What did I forget or what went wrong!?

Help please !
              Attached Files

Comment

I got SVN to work, downloaded all #849 trunk files and compiled the stuff. Unfortunately I got a lot of errors in several cpp files
                Looks like the database files aren't build. So far I can only tell you that you should read carefully the "Apolyton CTP2 Source Code_Readme.txt" again.

If this doesn't work we have to dig a little bit deeper.

-Martin

Comment

Hi Martin,

I re-read all instructions again and found 2 "new" things.

1) \\\\ctp2_code\compiler\msvc6\stlfixes which I added in the settings before the standard stuff but after the DX-references

2) C:\DXSDK\Samples\C++\DirectShow\BaseClasses\Debug_ Unicode
                  which I don't have ! and thus did not enter.

Whilst not being an expert-expert in C I think the error
                  fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'C:\\\\gs\newdb\ReligionRecord.cpp': No such file or directory
                  seems to indicate that I didn't got all files by SVN

Furthermore almost all errors refer only to

C:\\\\ctp\civapp.cpp(715) : 'g_theMapDB' : undeclared identifier
                  C:\\\\ctp\civapp.cpp(735) : 'g_thePollutionDB' : undeclared identifier
                  C:\\\\gs\gameobj\ArmyData.cpp(10918) 'g_theRiskDB' : undeclared identifier.
                  C:\\\\gs\slic\SlicEngine.cpp(3033) : 'RiskRecordAccessorInfo' : undeclared identifier
                  C:\\\\gs\database\maprecord.h(11) : see declaration of 'MapRecord'
                  C:\\\\gs\database\pollutionrecord.h(27) : see declaration of 'PollutionRecord'
                  C:\\\\gs\gameobj\Pollution.cpp(171) : 'Phase' : is not a member of 'PollutionRecord'

For g_theMapDB I saw no include in civapp as for others and it seems if there existed before "MapDB" without "the" ?!

I saw for example;

#include "MapIconRecord.h"
                  extern MBCHAR g_mapicondb_filename[_MAX_PATH]; // New map icon database

#include "MapRecord.h"
                  extern MBCHAR g_mapdb_filename[_MAX_PATH];

But nothing for g_theMapDB

How can I check if for example civapp.cpp is the right version ?

If you need more info please let me know.

Gr, Tom
                  Last edited by TomPoes; February 16, 2008, 19:20.

Comment

C:\\\\gs\database\maprecord.h(11) : see declaration of 'MapRecord'
                    C:\\\\gs\database\pollutionrecord.h(27) : see declaration of 'PollutionRecord'
                    Those files do not exist anymore, they prevent the source from compiling. Obviously you put the code from the SVN over the original code. Bad idea. So remove the ctp_code directory and replace it by a clean verson from the SVN repository.

-Martin

Comment

Thank you Martin. You were right ! How is that possible ? I suppose that "build all" does not build everything new each time ? Otherwise old stuff can not cause errors no ?

However I followed your advise and I am left with only 1 error now :

ReligionRecord.cpp
                      fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'C:\\\\ctp2_code\gs\newdb\ReligionRecord.cpp': No such file or directory

Any idea how that is caused ? I do have an religion.cdb file there.

>>>>>>>
                      Searching for 'ReligionRecord.cpp'...
                      C:\\\\ctp2_code\ctp\civctp.dsp(6467):SOURCE=..\gs\ newdb\ReligionRecord.cpp

gr.

Comment

did the religion cdb compile?

Comment

E,

No idea. The only file containing 'religion' in the tree is religion.cdb and that is nowhere mentioned in any log. I imagine that OR I need a religion.cpp file OR the reference sould be to religion.cdb ?!

gr.

Comment

if you open the religion.cdb you should be able to compile it using VC++ 6.0 upon compile it will create a cpp.

HOWEVER the problem maybe that the cdb was removed from the ctp2project but the project file still looks for the cpp. I think this may be the case if Martin removed the cdb but left his cpp files from a previous compile so he wouldn't catch this change. Martin would be better at confirming this.

To get you through the week I've uploaded my ReligionRecord.cpp & h. It goes in your

trunk/ctp2_code/gs/newdb folder
                            Attached Files

Comment

On an unrelated note, we're planning a major forum restructuring. The CtP2 forums won't be affected too much, but just so you know:

The main things that will happen to CtP2 is that we plan to move the AoM forum into CtP2-General as a subforum, and we're considering to place the only remaining CtP1 forum under the CtP2 category and renaming the category to simply Call to Power, so it'll look like this:

Code:
                              Call to Power
                              	CtP2 General
                              		CtP2 Creation
                              		CtP2 Ages of Man
                              	CtP2 Source Code Project
                              	C:CtP General
                              The other option is to move CtP1 to Other Games (where RoN, MoO and eventually GalCiv will also go). If you have any thoughts on this, please post them in the thread above.
                              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I like the first option. other games just isn't the place for CTP1

Comment

Working...
                                X