GENERAL: E-Cafe III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HuangShang
    OT, but I was wondering what some stuff in const.txt mean.

Just what are elite and leader units like? I am going to test this for sure, but an explanation would help.
    An elite unit basically has the veteran coeff but twice. the leader unit code works but we dont have a leader unit in game yet so it wont createa great leader. if you wnat to create one got to units.txt but your unit must have the cantbuild AND leader lines added. Then you can make it a unit with advance attack or a cleric or a corporation or whatever. I think in the next release I will add one to the AE mod (unless people think it should be in the stabard game). also if you add one make sure you makethe percent values greater than zero (i.e. 0.1)

What is RAIL_LAUNCH_POLLUTION? Is it from space transport?
    not sure what it does I'll have to see where/if its implemented

What does PIRACY_KILLS_TRADER_CHANCE do when triggered?
    I think its in the code, I think it adds a chance that piracy breaks the trade route

and since there is a MONOPOLY_THRESHOLD, what is the concept of monopoly and why haven't I ever heard of it.
    i think it partially implemented, and from ctp1, it was something where if you get all of a type of good you get a bonus. if people are interested we can look into making something out of it.
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

All 3 of those appear to be from CTP1. RAIL_LAUNCH_POLLUTION is probably the pollution when you launched a unit into space. I don't know about the others.

Comment

I tried my hand at tweaking the strategies and goals filesa.
        Worked out alright but still not where it should be.Needs to be tweaked so that the AI will close ranks and make expansion harder for human player.Now of course the mods had the DiffDB file set so the AI could produce more units at a faster rate.Which gave the AI a beter chance of defending itself..Higher garrison force.Which might need to be looked at again as Apolyton mod setting for DiffDB should be the standard.Some tweaking of diplomacy files would make the AI sense danger sooner so as not to be so easy to load up at the borders and allow easy capture of cities -share continet regard cost and other settings might be tweaked.Now most of this has be done in the mods.
        But no sense of reinventing the wheel. But overall the playtest feels less scripted.
        How far could we go with the AI?The more space the AI can control(units patroling borders -goals and strategies ) and is able to defend its cities( garrison force) the longer the AI can compete with us.Now there are other options for the AI a frenzy attack .While we are busy in one war the AI sends many units to cities with low defense.Forcing a retreat.Its not easy figure out all the angles.Its not like chess where counter tactics are easy to work out. But as things are its too easy to out play the AI.
        Last edited by Protra3211; August 9, 2007, 02:39.

Comment

well I almost have a working cityexpansion and city slum code working in my next revision (not released yet).

I still want to to add the listbox to orders and tileimps but havent started

I attempted some mergecivs code but that has comeout to well.

I'll admit though I'm rapidly losing interest in Ctp2 and moving to Civ4BTS. but since Dale hasnt done his stack for it I maybe going off to code that. But I'm sticking to my promise. I'll keep working Ctp2 through october.

Martin I've seen you have slowed down as well. are you losing interest?

Comment

Originally posted by E
            Martin I've seen you have slowed down as well. are you losing interest?
            Well, it is rather a question of time and of course the are a lot of other things you can do than modifying games, like doing some real life stuff or playing games.

-Martin
            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Its just under three weeks until ctp2 source code birthday. Any plans?

Comment

Originally posted by E
                Its just under three weeks until ctp2 source code birthday. Any plans?
                Well, what about some HotSeat and PBEM human to human diplomacy.

At least I can already send proposals between human players and they can also accept them, but there is still some work to do, in the way to it I made the NewProposal slic event do what it is supposed to do: Sending new proposals

-Martin

Comment

I'd like to get listboxes for tileimps and orders done. But my last experience with civs was brutal. it may take a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

Well, what about some HotSeat and PBEM human to human diplomacy.

At least I can already send proposals between human players and they can also accept them, but there is still some work to do, in the way to it I made the NewProposal slic event do what it is supposed to do: Sending new proposals

-Martin
                    Wow, this would be great if you can get it fully working Martin. IIRC though isn't there other bugs left in PBEM?
                    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

What about a tournament using the playtest and a new build.I recall the early ones using Apolyton mod went over well.Might bring some of the older players back one last time.
                      The key is all files are easy to zip in.There is no fuss to setup.The only thing would be to ajust DiffDB file to make for a harder game.
                      Been busy with things.But feel the need for a CtP2 game agian. I did try a Civ4demo Charlemange.Not bad but feel the game is very busy.Like the laid back feel of CtP2.Not as many civs pestering you almost every turn at the diplomatic screen.But that was demo and might be better playing on a large map.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
                        Wow, this would be great if you can get it fully working Martin.
                        So far I have it fully working in HotSeat mode, if the BeginTurn event fires as I suppose namely afterwards loading the PBEM savegame human to human diplomacy should also work in PBEM mode.

Originally posted by Maquiladora
                        IIRC though isn't there other bugs left in PBEM?
                        I don't know, except for the 60 HotSeat test turns I cannot tell you more. I know that John did some fixing for PBEM.

Anyway a little AI play test session and I should be able to release a new playtest version, so that we can figure out whether human to human diplomacy also works in PBEM mode.

-Martin

Comment

While watting for code repairs to diplomacy I have been playing Apolyton + Good mod.
                          For soom reason never tried both together.Great AI updates -AI tactics are sharp and keep you busy on defense.Was beaten on very hard.
                          What seems to be the problem is that almost all AI factions are hard to deal with using diplomacy.
                          Bribe after gold bribe does little.In no time your broke and they are moving in for the kill.I counted three 12 stacks of units moving in for the kill and was unable to stop it. Has anyone been able to make diplomacy work for them using this mod.
                          I had the smallest army of all AI nations,Is this a factor ?

Comment

Happy new year!

Happy new year!

-Martin

Comment

Happy new year
                              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

I sent a news item yesterday about the latest playtest to the civgroup news, but it hasn't been upped yet. I'm not trying to rush anyone, just wondering who does the check for our news items? As I could possibly help with that, to get some more regualr news items for CtP2 up.

Also is the process different for CtP2 sourcecode civgroup news and regular CtP2 news?

Comment

Working...
                                X