GENERAL: E-Cafe III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday Tamerlin
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Happy Birthday Tamerlin!

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• HB to the man that inspired the TAMERLIN RULE!!!!!
        Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• As I have posted above the one glaring weakness is the passive AI when it comes to deplomacy.In the 1.11 version if the AI is stronger than you it will not give you a cease fire and it was hard to get a peace treaty if the pesonality was a aggressive one.On the higher levels most of them are.I think its due to the code update that allows AI to AI diplomacy to work.Not always at war now.Maybe a step back to the 1.11 version and adding a refined Diplomod would work better.I have tried to the add the diplomod in the playtest but it seems not to work as well as in Apolyton mod.

Comment

• Hey there everyone. I was just passing by and I thought I'd drop in and say hello. I'm sorry I haven't been around for a few years, but I'm glad you seem to have survived without me .

Particularly good to hear there's some progress on hotseat and PBEM. I really wanted those working (but evidently not enough to fix it myself...).

Comment

• Originally posted by J Bytheway View Post
              Hey there everyone. I was just passing by and I thought I'd drop in and say hello. I'm sorry I haven't been around for a few years, but I'm glad you seem to have survived without me .

Particularly good to hear there's some progress on hotseat and PBEM. I really wanted those working (but evidently not enough to fix it myself...).
              Hi John

Yep, me and EPW have finished a few games in PBEM now and found only a few minor PBEM-specific bugs.
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• Excellent . But how many non-PBEM-specific bugs did you find?

Comment

• Surprisingly few.
                  "

Comment

• As you all know, Solver and I are leaving as Apolyton administrators, and Dale recently was forced to leave our staff as well. That's not the last you've heard of us though, as we have a big announcement to make:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - Contact: Wouter Snijders, WePlayCiv administrator, info@weplayciv.com

Three long-time veterans of the Sid Meier's Civilization online community are launching a new website that will be driven by fan involvement and dedicated entirely to serving the fans' needs.

Hengelo, The Netherlands - April 30, 2009 - Dale "Dale" Kent, Wouter "Locutus" Snijders and Daniels "Solver" Umanovskis have announced that after many years of working for Apolyton Civilization Site, they are forming a new fan site dedicated to the Sid Meier's Civilization series and other games of the genre. This new venture, WePlayCiv (http://www.weplayciv.com), will focus on facilitating community involvement in playing and improving the Civilization series of games. The site will provide many features tailored towards mods, user-generated content, information sharing, competitive and cooperative play and other community activities.

WePlayCiv will be a place where everyone who has an active interest in Civilization games can feel at home; it will host a community where members can find friends to play or mod with, where they can learn from each other and share ideas and content with one another. WePlayCiv will provide full coverage of the Sid Meier's Civilization series: news, reviews, downloads, forums, information, galleries, strategies, modding, tournaments, strategy courses, podcasts and more. The site will also cover Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri and Activision's Call to Power series, as well as "indie" strategy games.

WePlayCiv is based on the belief that the key to a lively community lies in a lively site, so it will aim to offer fresh Civilization-related content every single day. This content will come from a combination of different sources: in-house development, community, content partners and syndicated content from other Civilization-related resources and communities on the Internet.

Special emphasis for WePlayCiv will be placed on fostering and hosting user-generated content, in particular mods. To counter the scattering of the hosting of Civilization mods, artwork, modding tools and other modding resources over many different places on the Web, WePlayCiv will offer free, unlimited, on-site hosting space and profiles to any modders and modding groups to host their Civilization-related projects, without adding roadblocks for users who want to download these files.

WePlayCiv co-founder Wouter Snijders said: "We strongly believe in cooperation and camaraderie between all who love Civilization and will actively work to create and maintain bonds of friendship between any individuals, groups and organizations who share our passion for the game. We will strive to bring together as many different fans, players, developers, publishers, advertisers, teachers, reporters and others from all over the world in as many different ways as possible. We extend an open invitation to anyone with a love for Civilization to join our new community today."

About Dale "Dale" Kent
                    Australian Dale Kent has been building and maintaining websites since 1993, ranging from corporate websites and e-commerce platforms to NationStates region's sites. He was a staff member of Apolyton CS from 2007-2009 as news and content editor, moderator and programmer. Kent has had ties with game development studios since 2005, having been play-tester/developer for Firaxis on Civilization IV and expansions as well as Civilization IV: Colonization, and playtester on FireFly Studio's CivCity: Rome and Breakaway's Arabian Lords. He is the creator of the Apolyton Pack (CtP2), The Road to War (Civ4) and Age of Discovery II (C4C) mods, has been a programmer on many indie games projects from GameDev.net, Apolyton and others, and currently works as a games producer for a large Australian entertainment company.

About Wouter "Locutus" Snijders
                    Wouter Snijders from the Netherlands has had experience with running web communities dating back to 2001 when he joined Apolyton's staff, serving as news and content editor, database and community manager and podcast host, and becoming an administrator and co-owner of the site in 2006. Snijders's ties with game studios go back to 2000, having worked on Activision's Call to Power II as playtester, script coder and liaison for the release of the game's source code; he was also an inaugural member of the Firaxis playtest group for Civilization IV and expansions, functioning as playtester, scenario designer and researcher, and worked as playtester on CivCity: Rome. Snijders was lead programmer for the Medieval Mod series (C:CtP/CtP2), project lead on the CtP2 Source Code Project and created the Python API reference (Civ4).

About Daniels "Solver" Umanovskis
                    Living in Latvia, Daniels Umanovskis has been a community manager, tournament/ladder organiser and content editor on Apolyton since 2001, becoming an administrator for the site in 2007. He was also the webmaster of AoE2.com for two years and has written reviews, previews and interviews for a number of gaming sites such as Apolyton, AoE2.com, GamePlasma and Gamez.lv. Umanovskis has had ties with the game industry since 2002, as a playtester for Ensemble Studios on Age of Mythology as well as later for Firaxis on Civilization IV and expansions and Civilization IV: Colonization. He is the creator of the Unofficial Patches (v3.03 and v3.17) for Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword and is currently a programmer for the indie strategy game Candle'Bre.

###

Some of you already knew of this, but I'm reposting it for those who didn't. We as WePlayCiv would also like to let you guys know that we would be absolutely delighted to support the Source Code Project on our new site (as well as any other CtP-related projects) in any capacity we can, whether in addition to or instead of Apolyton. Of course, if you guys are interested in taking us up on that offer is up to you. But if there is absolutely anything you guys need, do let us know -- all three of us have our roots in the CtP community, we care about it a great deal still.
                    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus View Post
                      As you all know, Solver and I are leaving as Apolyton administrators, and Dale recently was forced to leave our staff as well. That's not the last you've heard of us though, as we have a big announcement to make:

Some of you already knew of this, but I'm reposting it for those who didn't. We as WePlayCiv would also like to let you guys know that we would be absolutely delighted to support the Source Code Project on our new site (as well as any other CtP-related projects) in any capacity we can, whether in addition to or instead of Apolyton. Of course, if you guys are interested in taking us up on that offer is up to you. But if there is absolutely anything you guys need, do let us know -- all three of us have our roots in the CtP community, we care about it a great deal still.

What more can one say?

(headed to the train depot..all aboard!!)
                      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Just to let everyone know my user name has been updated from "E" to Ekmek - a name I use on other forums because they tend to require more than 1 letter (bastards).

Are we going to duscuss if we are going to have presence on WePlayCiv? I already have seen EPW and Maq there.

Also I would like to add that as the diplomaanger gets worked on I will sign up to add the necessary leaderhead graphics (I think I did most already though)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ekmek View Post
                          Just to let everyone know my user name has been updated from "E" to Ekmek - a name I use on other forums because they tend to require more than 1 letter (bastards).
                          Don't think, that I am going to change the name of this thread. I like this double meaning.

Originally posted by Ekmek View Post
                          Are we going to duscuss if we are going to have presence on WePlayCiv? I already have seen EPW and Maq there.
                          So far, it is a bare site, no CTP2 section, so far I can upload the Apolyton Edition, but I have to wait for approval, which isn't a good thing. And I still haven't lost hope that our new leaders can rescue Apolyton.

One problem is that we have our past here, good old threads that may be worth for bumping. But of course I can post there a playtest thread, when the next one is ready. And probably I should start a new thread here, too.

-Martin

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann View Post
                            Don't think, that I am going to change the name of this thread. I like this double meaning.
                            Oh, yeah no need to change the thread

One problem is that we have our past here, good old threads that may be worth for bumping. But of course I can post there a playtest thread, when the next one is ready. And probably I should start a new thread here, too.
                            a playtest thread maybe the way to go. It gives presence plus when apolyton occasionally goes down we can go there instead of going to the CTP inhospitable civfanatics. They just gave no respect there.

Comment

a playtest thread maybe the way to go.
                              Yup, but for the next version, not for this one, since it shouldn't take long anyway.

Originally posted by Ekmek View Post
                              It gives presence plus when apolyton occasionally goes down we can go there instead of going to the CTP inhospitable civfanatics. They just gave no respect there.
                              Ah the CivFanatics, I am used to ignore those guys. Not a real civ site, for that they still need CTP2.

-Martin

Comment

Just to make it clear in my case - I intend to post at both sites. If it's off topic or general gaming then I probably prefer to post at WPC, but when about CtP I'll post at either.

Comment

Working...
                                X