Vox in Verse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vox in Verse

Instead of starting several threads and flooding the public forum with Vox Stories, I'll just post them here. One a day for the next three days. Feel free to comment (or dispute ) as you want.

It's all in fun.

(Victory at the Voice will be reposted here so all stories can be found in one place)

Stories are cronological.
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

The Gathered Storm

Part I: Contact

For over 200 years we have known about the Stormians to the west. They are a quiet and mysterious people that keep to themselves, so we leave them alone; however, we know that one day, we are going to have to make contact with them, as it is inevitable. We decide on caution. Our diplomatic greeting party is sent far to the South of Stormian lands and approaches from the West to give time if they prove to be hostile.

The houses and people are few and far between as we first approach. Communication with them proves to be difficult despite the fact that by some bazaar reason we speak the same language. The jumpy rural population scatters as we approach with open arms.

We camped outside what we perceive to be the borders of Stormia. We made no effort to conceal our position; fore we had nothing to hide. We did not want to enter Stormian lands for fear of it being perceived as aggression. The diplomatic ball was in their hands.

For over two years we waited. Nothing. The rural population did return, but they refused to acknowledge us. We continued to wait.

After the third year, an envoy of over 100 people all clad in a dark icy blue finally approached. They walked right up to our campsite and stood there.

Donegeal, the leader of the Voxian diplomatic corps, steps out of the camp to greet them. “Greetings! I am Donegeal, the Voxian diplomatic liaison to the people of Gathering Storm!” he bows to the entire group. “To whom should I be addressing from this noble Gathering?”

“You are to address me, and me alone. My name is Notyoueither.” Notyoueither’s toga is the icy blue of Stormia mixed with black tiger stripes. None of the other people move or say a word.

Donegeal bows again to Notyoueither “Would you care to sit and talk? There are many things with which we would like to discuss with you!”

“I prefer it just as we are. What would you like to discuss?”

“Friendship! Friendship and trade of goods, services and ideas!! The people of our two nations working together would be able to accomplish far more than separately”

“I see. You wish some type of alliance.”

“Two heads and four arms can do a lot.”

“I will take your proposal to Stormia. We will contact you when we have made a choice. Now, depart these lands.”

Donegeal bows again. “We assure you that we will keep all our military divisions away from your lands. We only wish for friendship and do not want to quarrel.”

Notyoueither turns and leaves with the rest of the Stormian envoy.

“Well, that could have gone better.” Jon Miller says after the Stormians were out of site. Donegeal nods. “We have our orders from Speaker McMeadows.” He points to the hills to the Northwest of Stormian lands. “We are to go there.”

Donegeal looks to the hills and then looks to the hills just Southeast of where they are to go. There are thousands of little icy blue specs crawling over the hill. “That’s a Stormian Warrior division.”

“Are we still to go as ordered?” asks Jon.

“Of course. We have promised to keep our military away from their lands. We are diplomats, not soldiers. Honorable people would not attack an envoy of diplomats.”

Part II: Spinebreaker

The Voxian diplomatic envoy to Gathering Storm makes camp in the hills to the Northwest, outside of Stormian lands. The night is dark under this ¼ moon as Donegeal writes in his journal to Speaker McMeadows about the Stormians. Jon Miller and Dis burst through the flaps of the tent.

“Donegeal!” says Jon “The Stomian Warrior division has just extinguished their campfires.”

“Odd, but I don’t see how its something to get all worked up about.”

Jon starts to speak but is interrupted by Dis. “They mean to attack!”

“Why would they do that? We have done nothing and no Voxian military has been within 30 leagues of Stormian lands. I feel you are mistaken. They are just packing up to move on to wherever it is that they are going.”

“Why would they pack up and put out their fires in the middle of the night if they were just moving on?” asks Dis.

“Why would they put out their fires if they were going to attack us when they know we’d be able to see them doing so?”

“Because they know they are going to win.” Answers Jon. “You said so yourself. We are not soldiers.”

“Surely they would not attack us. We can do them no possible harm!”

At that moment, a loud cry of rage rang out from beyond the hills. The Stormians were charging the camp.

Donegeal, Jon and Dis all exit the tent. They see thousands upon thousands of Stormian Warriors charging up the hill, beating the heads of any Voxian they come across with their clubs.

Donegeal stares in disbelief. “Dis, take my journals and go by the route we came. Avoid all Stormians, but get them to The Voice. Inform Speaker McMeadows of what treachery has befallen us. GO!!!” Jon and Donegeal help Dis collect the things he needs and watch him go. They then turn their attention towards the slaughter of Voxians that the Stormian Warriors are committing. Donegeal shakes his head “Nasty b*tches.” A squad of screaming Warriors heads toward them. Neither attempts to flee or raise a hand to strike back.
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

My eyes are peeled!
      Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

Defenseless Little Girls

The group of Voxian Warriors, and their families, head north through the forests. No Voxians have ever explored this far north. It was truly an honor to be a part of this mission.

Vox Controlli has been at war with Gathering Storm for centuries since they murdered the Voxian diplomatic envoy. All attempts at any form of peace negations have been shut down by the Stormians. This mission was sent to find friendly nations to both ask them for help and to warn them of the cold calculating Icy Blue of Stormia. With most of the south explored, Speaker Donegeal felt the best opportunity for finding anybody who might be friendly was to go north.

This mission has been going for three generations. The original members of this division found small tribes of humans as they traveled and started families. These families grew and moved with the orders of the Voice. All were happy to be so far from the war.

But the wilds of the unknown are a dangerous place. Lions, panthers and bears roam the unknown. The Voxian Warriors were always on the lookout.

A good thing they were, as a large pride of lions approached from the northeast. The Warriors readied their clubs and sheltered their families in the woods; the lions were looking hungry.

They attacked in the night, as lions always do. The fighting was fierce, but there were just too many lions for the Warriors to handle. None of them survived the feeding frenzy. Even the young boys were eaten. Only a few of the wives survived. They went back to the girls hiding in the forest.

In the morning light, looking over the field still littered with the bloody carcasses of thousands of lions and men, the wife of Boo, who had taken up leadership of the remaining little girls, saw past the carnage at a sight even worse then the one before her. Spinebreaker, the very same division of Stormian murders that killed the Voxian diplomatic envoy, approached through the woods.

“Run along the shore to the north, little ones! Your only chance is to find someone, anyone! Run!!!” The wife of boo and the other handful of women stayed in the forest to try to do what they could to slow the Stormians.

In the end, it did no good. The murderous Spinebreakers had a craving for blood. They swept past the small patch of women carving them up after having their way with them and fell fast upon the defenseless little girls. Neither age nor gender mattered to the Stormians. All were murdered.

Comment

Boo, Spinebreaker bad!

Still, why would one want to kill women?
          Must be mad..
          Last edited by binTravkin; June 14, 2007, 10:07.
          -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
          -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

No... not mad... they're crazy b*tches!

Comment

edit: nevermind. inside joke only a few would get.
              One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Grog

Chapter I: Voice of Golden Hills

The Stormians have been in Voxian lands for centuries. The Grog division of Stormian Warriors has made camp on the Voice of Golden Hills for a very long time. Speaker Donegeal has decided that they have been there to long.

A new division of Warriors has been equipped with slightly curved sticks and a fine thread tied at each end instead of the standard club. This “bow” is used to propel a shaft of thin wood toped by a shard stone and tailed with three Stormian War Chicken feathers at great speed and accuracy. These warriors are called Archers.

The new Archer division, although very powerful, would still be in a loosing battle to take out the entrenched Stormian Warriors; so a division of suicide Warriors is sent with them so The Voice can use the valuable resource they have made their camp on.

The Stormian Warriors get a taste of the new Archers, and of the fanatical warriors, in small squad and platoon size encounters, and decide to move on without a fight. Victory belongs to Vox.

Chapter II: The Trapping of Grog

In the centuries following the flight of Grog from the Golden Hills, newer, more powerful Stormians divisions moved into the forests to the south and west of The Voice forcing Voxian units to make camp in defense of The Voice. Grog continued East and North around Voxian lands. The Stormian Warriors eventually make camp in a forest North of the Voice. There they stew. Thousands of years they sit in the forest. Time had long past since the forest had been known as anything other than the Grog Forests.

Speaker Donegeal IV, a direct descendant of the Voxian diplomat ruthlessly murder by blood thirsty Stormians, decides that The Voice is defended well enough and it is time to take the fight to the Stormians. He devises a plan where the Warrior Grog could be ambushed by a Warrior/Archer combination. The secrete movement of thousands of Voxian soldiers goes off without a hitch. With a division of Archers in position to attack from the North and a division of suicide Warriors in position to attack from the South out of the Voice, Grog had but only two choices. Remain fortified in the forest, or flee to the East. Secretly, a second Voxian Archer division was waiting in the forests to the North and East of Grog’s only viable escape route. Left on open ground, the Archers would have made short work of the Stormians. There was but one choice for Grog.

Chapter III: Voxian Fanatics

For a small sect of Voxism (Hinduism), there is nor greater honor than to die in the name of Voxism. The Voice of Vox is the Voice of Voxism, and the Voice was ordering the fanatics to fulfill their Voxian vows by attacking Grog. These brave men had virtually no chance of success (I think it was something less than 1% but might have been as high as 2.9%), but their goal was not victory; just bloody the Stormians.

The fanatical Warriors charged the forest crawling with Stormians. Their devotion to Voxism prevalent as they went at Grog in a fight they could not win. They screamed Voxian prayers as they blindly attacked; and blindly attacked they did. The Stormians, using the trees for cover and luring the fanatically charging Voxians in with single Warriors out in the open, would crush the skulls of the passing Voxians. The shear number of charging Voxian fanatics forced the Stormians back as the bodies quickly pile up.

Completely in a Voxian rage, these fanatics continued to charge without hesitation to the last man. Thousands upon thousands of bodies littler the forest, but not a single Stormian fell. The Voxian Fanatics failed to inflict any harm to the Stormians.

Chapter IV: Donegeal IV

The Voice of Vox stood behind his desk with his back turned to his advisors. His head was held low. “Call off the attack. I will not send any more Voxians to their death needlessly.” He turns around and faces his officers. “The attack has failed and the nasty *****es remain firmly entrenched in his forest. For nearly 80 years we have planed this offensive and it has succeeded in only killing Voxians and destroying hope.” He turns around again dismissing his generals. “Leave me.”

In protest, General Dis speaks up “But Speaker! We must address the new tactical situation!”

“Leave me! Now!” he bellows. The Generals leave except one. “Why am I not surprised to see you still here” he says as he turns around.

“I have never been good at following your orders, father.”

“I hope that you don’t think that being able to use that title for me is going to bring you any special favors.”

“I’m still here, aren’t I?”

The Voice grunts. “So you are. You have always known when to obey my orders and when not to…” Speaker Donegeal absently nods his head. “Yes. You always know. Son… I’m old, and I have devoted my entire life to this offensive, which has failed. My life is a failure. My reign is a failure, and it is time for it to end. It is time for you to take the seat as Speaker of Vox. May Shiva bless you and your reign with more good than mine.

Chapter V: Donegeal V

Donegeal V, the new Voice of Vox, stands over the map in the war room with his generals around him. “Generals. The key is Grog. We must defeat Grog. With his position, he can observe a large area that would normally be hidden from view by the Stormian Camps. Also, the longer Grog remains, the worse moral will be for the people of Vox. For generations, they had been promised that the threat of Grog was going to be removed and we were going to take the fight to the Stormians. The Grog Archer division is already in place. If we move our reserve Southwest, we reveal our position, but it’s not likely that Grog was going to move from his forest anyway. Additionally, with the new Archer division to be completed soon, we again will have more than enough soldiers to defend the city and another division can be moved northeast to close the net around the Stormians. No one can command 10,000 soldiers to defeat 30,000.”

The meeting begins to break up. “General Donegeal!” the Speaker say as the other Generals leave. “Son… I must prove to the people and to the other Generals that I am willing to take the same risks that I ask them to make. I am placing you in command of the Archer division that is departing the Voice. Prepare for the battle; you WILL be taking part.

Five days later, the morning of the assault comes. Feeling the pressure from the populace and hearing the unspoken resentment of putting his son in charge of a combat unit that everyone knows will be left for the finishing blow of Grog, Donegeal IV orders his son to attack the Stormians as the first, and suicidal wave. From the top of the Palace, the Speaker can just make out the little red specs of the attack division of his son. He suddenly remembers images of the Voxian Warriors and their doom charge on the forest. The attacks looks eerily similar and even come from the same direction. The reality of this new suicide mission begins to set in on the Speaker. “Oh my god. I’ve killed my son!”

Just as the last of the little red specs enters the forest, a single tear rolls down the face of the Voice of Vox as he jumps from the 60-foot window.

Conclusion

Very little is known about what happened in the Grog forest. Donegeal lead the charge in to the woods and several hours later, walked out victorious. No one talks about what actually occurred but if they do, they generally say “Donegeal works miracles.”. With less than a 20 % chance of success, Donegeal won the suicide mission against Grog losing just over half his men.

Comment

The secrete movement of thousands of Voxian soldiers
                  Eww .

Comment

Great stuff, Don!
                    I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

Wow, the Vox generals seem to be brilliant tacticians!

Especially the Donegeal clan..
                      -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                      -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Blake

Eww .
                        Booo!!!!

(Stupid spell checker!!!!)

Comment

Vox seems to have a rich history already
                          no sig

Comment

Originally posted by Blake

Eww .
                            Bah. That's just good ole fashioned GOW speech and Dtrategy.
                            One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Dtrategy Saving all of your D for efense

You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Working...
                              X