No announcement yet.

Be Wary Of Stormian Peace!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another part of the history is how Beta (Vox) masterfully conducted diplomacy and PR, especially compared to the very quiet GS. This resulted in the other teams having a very distorted picture of what happened for a quite a while, and also getting Vox assistance they might not have received otherwise.

GS hopes to have learned that lesson well. Unfortunately we were beaten to the punch in the announcement, and even our response is slow in coming, due to a complete absence of formal diplomats in the team right now. But rest assured, a response is coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy-O
      Will there be a shared victory in this game?
      I believe that was voted against, but can't bring myself to care enough to look it up for some reason...
      Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; June 13, 2007, 13:02.
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Oh wouldn't it have been fun if Beta were still on Vox? It could have been the second coming of the Vox Public Announcements by Beta al-sahaf (I think that was the name he used).

Comment

Nah. It's nice to see Don finding his own voice, and doing an excellent job of it.
          One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Why so much about the previous game?

From our experience with our neighbors, GS diplomacy is doing just fine. We just find it unfortunate that we could not arrange peace between our two Civs.

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Others were curious. I honestly don't think our actions in this game were influenced by what happened in the PTWDG. Not significantly, anyway. It was a blank slate.

Unfortunately, you can spit from Eye of the Storm and hit The Voice. In fact, I just did! Ha-ha!

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

There was a question about all the references to conflicts in the past game.

I'll remove my shared victory post. I was just seeing if that hornets nest was still alive. My bad.
                Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

Wow, that was one good bit of memories

Hope the Vox - GS story goes on for more games to come to provide excitement and amusement to all readers/watchers.
                  -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                  -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal
                    Maybe this war is steming from left over anger because Vox finished the game where GS didn't.

Or maybe it's left over anger because it was my team (GoW) that eliminated GS and they just wanted to get back ot me.
                    This is nothing personal, Done.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I know NYE. Those lines were put in out of jest and not meant for anything except humor.

Please remember that all this is in RP and is clearly propoganda against GS. If I have upset anyone on your team, please let me know (either here or via PM). This is just a game and I'm only trying to get as much fun out of it as I can.
                      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Mustard
                        Another part of the history is how Beta (Vox) masterfully conducted diplomacy and PR, especially compared to the very quiet GS. This resulted in the other teams having a very distorted picture of what happened for a quite a while, and also getting Vox assistance they might not have received otherwise.

GS hopes to have learned that lesson well. Unfortunately we were beaten to the punch in the announcement, and even our response is slow in coming, due to a complete absence of formal diplomats in the team right now. But rest assured, a response is coming.
                        I am thinking of hiring myself out. A pricing thread is coming soon. UnO has shown me the light and the way.

Thanks for the memories guys. Those were my early days at Poly, and quite a hoot.

I just regret that the RP and diplomacy and public posting got a bit personal. Hope we have all learned something from that ...and subsequent experiences. I know I have.
                        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Oh hell, sig material there...

Now I can even dump the destro avatar for something more personal.
                          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
                              Oh hell, sig material there...

Now I can even dump the destro avatar for something more personal.
                              But I thought you were the real Destro. Wow. You think you know a guy.
                              Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

I just think everyone is kind of pissed off at Vox because everyone knows we "won" the PtWDG
                                *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Working...
                                X