Be Wary Of Stormian Peace!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be Wary Of Stormian Peace!

As most have gathered, Vox and Stormia have decided that the two teams CANNOT live on the same contenient... again.

It seems that history has repeated itself (to a degree) and we are at war and have been for thousands of years (around turn 20ish or something).

Vox approached the borders of Stormia with a non military unit and dialogue between our two teams were initiated. During this dialogue, GS started right in with demands that we keep our units away from their borders. Not a problem. We had no intention of sending any military their way and told them so. In fact, we did nothing but extol how as a team working together so early we would be able to accomplish so much more than fighting. The very next turn, GS attacked and killed our non-military unit without provocation and without warning. Since then there has been little to no communication from them (and absolutely none initiated by them) and they have been out to destroy Vox.

With Stormian Skimishers around LONG before copper, the best unit that we could muster against them were Archers. Needless to say, GS has had the upper hand since (despite enourmous victories on our part).

So after these thousands of years, and thousands dead, we at Vox (ok... just me really), want to ask one question of you publicly: Why?

(Victory at the Voice thread coming soon!)

(All in RP guys... I'm not mad about anything.)
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Nice summary of the war so far Donegeal.

RP:
    Team Banana has it's eyes peeled on this thread.

/RP
    Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

Re: Be Wary Of Stormian Peace!

As I'm sure surprises no one, the GS side of this story goes a little differently - press release coming soon.

Comment

Whoa, deja vu.

And, after looking at our contract history thread, I have determined it's probably best to hold off from posting it publicly for the time being.

At least till I can sensor it thuroughly.
        One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Re: Re: Be Wary Of Stormian Peace!

Originally posted by Hot Mustard
          As I'm sure surprises no one, the GS side of this story goes a little differently - press release coming soon.
          What?! You accuse me of spining things?

Just wait!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

RP

War! And The Horde not involved? Must be a minor conflict between lightweights!

/RP

Thanks for the update Donegeal!

Anxiously awaiting the press release Hot Mustard!
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
              After looking at our contract history thread, I have determined it's probably best to hold off from posting it publicly for the time being.

At least till I can sensor it thuroughly.
              [personal RP]
              So all those who payed extra to keep things secret payed for nothing ?
              [/personal RP]
              no sig

Comment

Originally posted by PJayTycy

[personal RP]
                So all those who payed extra to keep things secret payed for nothing ?
                [/personal RP]
                The contract is still logged, the employer will just be listed as "anonymous".
                One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

This is going to be fun to watch.

What is about those two teams that they just can't get along
                  *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Freaking geography, again.

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

No inchon/inchoff this time eh? (truly inspired, btw. )
                      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Probably it could be useful to provide a short history of relations between Vox and GS in previous demogames, as some, including me, don't get those 'again' jokes..
                        -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                        -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

PTWDG:

Team Gathering Storm and Team Vox Controli began the game on their own "continent".

Let's be fair. It was an island at best.

Pretty much everyone was afraid of GS, them having "the best" players from the strategy forum. A view I never personally shared (good in single player is not always good in MP), but it was out there.

Vox began the game focusing on a mass immortal rush strategy. They originally thought to carve out a corner on another continent where Team Glory of War was seated, but were...persuaded...that might be a bad idea.

Vox then turned their attention the only other place they could. Gathering Storm.

They invaded with 20 immortals IIRC. Timed perfectly, before GS would have access to pikes. Gathering Storm was caught unprepared, except for the 2-3 turn warning their scouts provided, and with relatively crappy terrain.

Vox was expecting a contingient of horsemen from Team Glory of War to assist in the attack as part of the agreement for them to not settle on Bob (name of GoW continent). This never fully materialized. (Which contributed to the future events, was a thorn in my personal side all along, and led to my creation of Team Merc. There was obviously a place for such a thing within MP Civ, but it should be guaranteed. )

GS proceeded to dismantle that army losing no city in the process through brilliant use of terrain and tactics, featuring the inchon/inchoff maneuver that involved sailing 2 settlers (founding towns inchon and inchoff) around the Vox army to settle and cut off Vox iron.

Vox was allowed to live and evicted over to Lego's island. This was mostly due to folks on the public forum complaining they didn't think GS should kill off Vox. Another view I didn't personally share.
                          Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; June 13, 2007, 11:27.
                          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Okay... brief history of Vox and GS:

Back in the original CivIIIPTWDG, Vox (North)and GS (South) started on a small contenient together (I forget the name of it. Estonia?). This contenient was only one tile (On the North) separated from the main one (called Bob). When Vox and GS originally first met, I guess relations were very formal and distant (I was not on the original Vox Team).

On Bob, there were four teams, Glory of War (My team, In the Northwest), Role Play (in the South), NeuDemogyptia (The only non-poly team/German Civ Site, Central West) and Lux Invicta (Far East). Lux was destroyed very early by GoW and ND, leaving a large area of land void of any teams.

Vox, having run out of room for expansion, was forced to either attack GS or to try for a land grab on the empty Far East of Bob. When the remaining teams on Bob discovered that Vox had landed and settled there, they all diplomatically joined forces to tell Vox to get the hell off Bob. The unity shown by the three teams made Vox choose to retreat off of Bob. However, they had all these units, but no room to expand. They have to do something. They attack GS. GS scrambles at first because they were caught woefully unprepared, but they stop the Voxian invasion and push it back. Then they took the fight to Vox and did the now famous Inchon/Inchoff move that effectively cut off the Voxian supply lines for the war and turned it into a rout.

Vox would have been destroyed, but GS let them surrender f they would leave the contenient completely. Lego, the Builder team that had a large contenient all to itself, set aside some land and the great Voxudus took place (the floating and teleporting of units to The New Voice on Lego).

After that, Vox and GS got along rather well (most teams got along with them well as they were no longer a military factor in the game).

Maybe this war is steming from left over anger because Vox finished the game where GS didn't.

Or maybe it's left over anger because it was my team (GoW) that eliminated GS and they just wanted to get back ot me.

Comment

Nothing to see here. Move along.
                              Last edited by Daddy-O; June 13, 2007, 13:37.
                              Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

Working...
                              X