Pollution On/Off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pollution On/Off?

I've played a few games now, almost all of them with pollution on, but I've been thinking that maybe the game is actually harder with pollution off. The reason I think so is due to the fact that I always see cities controlled by computer players in riot or revolution. However, I'm not sure as its much harder dealing with happiness with pollution turned on. Any thoughts?

If you're the kind that relies on the effects of global warming to get some of the enemy, then it's harder with pollution off. But if you tend to have very high levels yourself, then 'on is more difficult.

I would never switch it off though, it somehow feels like cheating.

------------------
    phoenixcager
    ------------------
    Colonization & CtP Forums Moderator at
    the Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

Hey now - I'm not a cheater just because I turn pollution off.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I've been playing a game where 2 civilizations are nuking eachother from the face of the earth. The only thing they're doing is polluting the earth. I ask them to reduce pollution, but they always reject my request. My next game I think I'll play with pollution off although I feel it's like cheating, but with such AI I can't do otherwise.

Comment

My conscience requires me to play with pollution on, yet my cities pollution is high with many dead tiles. I am communist and keep cranking out military units to take over world. I don't have advanced environmental technologies to lesson the effects of high production.
          So, in the end ~2000AD, the world may not be a pretty sight, but it will be mine! I was thinking one day my engineers would recover my dead tiles, but I think the game will end long before I will have discovered the tech to do it.

Comment

Working...
          X