Michael Vick, animal lover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Vick, animal lover

This dog-fighting thing is starting to look pretty serious...

The remains of nearly three dozen dogs were found on the property formerly owned by Michael Vick in Surry County, Virginia.
    Two investigations are now taking place, one by local authorities and one by the federal government.

Jun. 8 - 5:17 pm et
    Source: WVEC Virginia
    I'm sure the league is oh-so-happy...LINK to story
    Last edited by -Jrabbit; June 8, 2007, 17:56.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Here's a more complete ABC News story on the raid.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I think there is a no way to avoid at least a 4 game suspension now. Though I have heard that Vick has insulated himself somewhat in the paper trail that where he may have been involved, nothing can be really traced to him definatively.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Jesus.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Michael Sick anyone?

Isn't he Imran's hero or something?
          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

I have heard that Vick could be facing a 5 years prison sentence. Aren't players first year of elgibility for the HOF 5 years after they retire? Good luck on that 1st ballot HOF inductee deal, Imran!
            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

As if Vick would ever be considered?

At one point, Atlanta is going to cut him. Arthur Blank is pretty much sick of him already (even though he'd never admit it publicly), and he'll spend the rest of his career like Kordell Stewart, or Daunte Culpepper now.

Comment

No, Vick won't/wouldn't ever be considered for the HOF.

I'm just picking on Imran who said he'd be a first ballot HOF inductee when his career was over.
                Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

I said if he could stay away from being injured. I think jail time would qualify as well.

I'd imagine a QB who'd possibly, if he could play 16 games for a 15+ year career, have 10,000 career rushing yards and possibly 8 Pro Bowl appearances would be in.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Quite possibly. What does that have to do with Vick?
                    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                      I'd imagine a QB who'd possibly, if he could play 16 games for a 15+ year career, have 10,000 career rushing yards and possibly 8 Pro Bowl appearances would be in.
                      You're right, Vince Young might have a pretty good shot at the Hall of Fame.
                      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

The only thing I care less about than dog-fighting is the 2007 NBA Finals.
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Isn't your "countryman" 3/4 of the way to winning the MVP?
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I enjoy seeing a fellow Frenchman beat the Yanks at their own game, but I still don't care about basketball.
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Michael Vick doesn't play professional baskbetball.
                              Thanks for your contribution, though.
                              Here, don't forget your lovely parting gift.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                              X