Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play Internet Game with Linux Version

Hello,

I have installed the Linux version 1.2a of CTP I and I am unable to join the lobby for Internet Game. I'm using the right servers.dat (the one I use for the Windows version), but I am not sure were to put it. When I make a strace -o ctp.txt civctp I can see that civctp open a servers.dat file and it seems that it is the good one.
    Any Idea?

Thanks.

With tcpdump I notice that civctp try to connect to server that does not exit anymore.
    I also noticed that several addresses are hard-coded...

strings civctp

uk1.activision.co.uk
    us2.alink.activision.com
    us1.alink.activision.com
    It looks like civctp does not care about my servers.dat...

Could someone help me about this issue, or maybe any clue?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Not sure if anyone uses the Linux version

I'd heard a couple of times in the past that the Linux version had some incompatibility issues with the Windows version regarding PBEM but I have no idea about Internet (online) games.

I have a Linux version of CTP somewhere in my closet but I'm not sure I'll find the time to set it up in a virtual machine and test it...

Comment

Maybe the Linux version has the problem of reading the servers.dat. If the game does not find a valid servers.dat it creates one from the file bootserv.txt, you can find the the executable directory. In that case I would add the new server to that list and delete the old servers.dat.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
        X