Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We need more attacks on US soil to show that Bush is doing great! No, seriously...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need more attacks on US soil to show that Bush is doing great! No, seriously...

Arkansas GOP head: We need more 'attacks on American soil' so people appreciate Bush
    Josh Catone
    Published: Sunday June 3, 2007

Print This Email This

In his first interview as the chairman of the Arkansas Republican Party, Dennis Milligan told a reporter that America needs to be attacked by terrorists so that people will appreciate the work that President Bush has done to protect the country.

"At the end of the day, I believe fully the president is doing the right thing, and I think all we need is some attacks on American soil like we had on [Sept. 11, 2001]," Milligan said to the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, "and the naysayers will come around very quickly to appreciate not only the commitment for President Bush, but the sacrifice that has been made by men and women to protect this country."

Milligan, who was elected as the new chair of the Arkansas Republican Party just two weeks ago, also told the newspaper that he is "150 percent" behind Bush in the war in Iraq.

In his acceptance speech on May 19th, Milligan told his fellow Republicans that it was "time for a rediscovery of our values and our common sense."

The owner of a water treatment company, Milligan was a relative unknown in Arkansas politics until being elected the party chairman. He had previously served as the party's treasurer and the Saline County Republican chair.
    Wiggety-what? Jesus H. f*cking tap-dancing sweet chocolate Christ on a pogostick...

You know, the pain in my head of trying to process that quote is almost enough to make me forget the painful urinary tract infection I've got going. Almost.

Full interview available here (from the newspaper, not Rawstory); the above selection is at the end of the interview. Gee, I wonder why the interview basically ended there...
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

This is as dumb as all you guys blowing off every foiled terrorist plot as no big deal.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
      This is as dumb as all you guys blowing off every foiled terrorist plot as no big deal.
      QFT

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
        QFT
        This shows you didn't actually READ the criticisms of those "plots" being played up into something they never would be. Criticisms and problems-pointed-out by the Justice Department, sources within the FBI, counter-terrorism officials, other investigators...

Comment

Bad wording, is all. On the other hand, if there were more attacks, would that not mean W is failing... In that aspect also?

And 150%... I haye that. It's stupid.
          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

In his first interview as the chairman of the Arkansas Republican Party, Dennis Milligan
            and last...

Comment

Bump.

Comment

Those "foiled terrorist plots" aren't a big deal...
                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

And "foiled" ought to be "fantasy" because that's all they were, the "fantasies" of a bunch of morons that seem to have become the victims of entrapment. Instead of monitoring and waiting until any of the "plotters" got their hands on materials that could be used in their "plots" then moving in on them, the government moved in prematurely and gave the "plotters" a way to defend themselves in court.

Edit: Minor typo, but it brings up another point: "Give" is exactly what the Bush government will do to the next group of "plotters" they trot out as if they were of any tangible threat to anything but the nerves of a Circuit City clerk. The Bush government will again "give" the "plotters" the means to defend themselves in court with the claim of entrapment.

Comment

It's blunt and will be misinterpreted, he's just basically stating the obvious that people rally around the leader when there's a common enemy that can be seen.
                    Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Wouldn't more 9/11-style attacks mean Bush failed to defend the country?
                      "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                      -Joan Robinson

Comment

You'd think...

Comment

Drake & Kuci making fools of themselves.

If we had a rating system I'd give this thread a gold star.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

If we had a rating system I'd give this thread a gold star.
                            Oerdin

Please, Rate away
                            Attached Files
                            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
                            X