Time to open the public forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hot Mustard
    Not sure where I sit on this just yet, but something did occur to me that bears saying earlier than later - how about giving UnO exclusive rights to break the major news from each team? Then after those 'Press releases' are out, open the forum.
    Uh. No thanks.

I don't have that much time.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by binTravkin
      I would like to create a poll in AC too, but I seem to be a bit confused about the possible options.

A: open, no restrictions

B: open for continent (is this possible realistically?)

C: open for continent, only read access whereas you have not met the team (again, is this possible at all? how would that work technically?)

D: leave closed for now

Basically there are only 2 options I see possible, B and C seem a bit unrealistic from the technical aspect..
      Does it have to be possible "techically"? If we agree on solution C its everyones responsability to keep to the rules. U know when u are breaking them: its just like cheating, we trust everyone they don't cheat, or run turns multiple times, even though its not possible to do that technically.

Solution B seems a little unrealistic, a thread you are perfectly able to read, but u shouldn't, can be too tempting for even the strongest of us

it was just a proposal, because i agree that having something in this forum will lure intrest of possible newcomers, while just a turn tracker seems a bit boring.
      http://www.danasoft.com/sig/scare2140.jpg

Comment

I'd like a slightly modified 'A', with a 'protect the guilty' clause.

I you've just been backstabbed, raped, pillaged, ravaged *and* had your ass handed to you on a silver platter you should also make sure you survive long enough to let the world know. I think the term is 'Arrian Deception'...

(City ruins? What city ruins? I really have no idea...)
        Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

Meh.

I don't think it's realistically possible to pull off an Arrian's Deception in a multiplayer game.

Unlike the AI, humans tend to sit and think: "Say, wasn't there a team banana in this game?" And invariably connect that to "I wonder how Alpha Centauri got so big"

Where there's no real ROP rape in CIV, there's very little that is truly detestibly dirty IMO as to need protection from.

Course that's coming from a guy who's only goals in this game are to make money and never break a deal.
          One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by binTravkin
            I would like to create a poll in AC too, but I seem to be a bit confused about the possible options.

A: open, no restrictions

B: open for continent (is this possible realistically?)

C: open for continent, only read access whereas you have not met the team (again, is this possible at all? how would that work technically?)

D: leave closed for now

Basically there are only 2 options I see possible, B and C seem a bit unrealistic from the technical aspect..
            B could work if self-policed, only. C probably isn't realistically possible.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I am leaning towards a vote of either "A" or "D", myself. B & C are good ideas but Im just afraid they won't be practicable, especially with human nature being what it is

If we go "A", and Im taking a leap of faith here, I hope we all handle the opening of the threads as mature adults should and remember this is just a game........

Thats my hope, and if it does become reality, we will have taken RP and Demogaming to a new, higher, much more enjoyable level at Apoly.

Lets all do what we can to take it there
              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Bah, that's just bloated buddha double talk.
                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Is that RP?
                  Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

Its UnO talk

But thats why we love him

In a very non sexual way you sicko's........
                    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

That's good because if you are the real bloated Budha then I have a bunch of apologizing to do.

Back on topic, I say open the forum as long as we adults agree to keep role play clear, have some thick (banana) skins, and are quick to apologize when we accidentally offend.
                      Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25
                        In a very non sexual way you sicko's........

Oh sure, you say that NOW.
                        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Open it up!

Comment

Oh sure, you say that NOW.
                            -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                            -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFree
                              Open it up!
                              This wasn't in direct response to Uno's previous comment was it? Sickos! All of you!

Comment

It's Big Free of course it was

Comment

Working...
                                X