• Show
Clear All

Or ask for clarification.

Was that RP?

No

Well then, I may actually be offended.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

As Reigning Warlord of the Horde I say "Open Up".

RP
      The fact that I do *not* speak for the entire Horde is completely irrelevant as anyone disagreeing with me will be flogged into submission.

/RP
      Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

Originally posted by bongo

RP
        The fact that I do *not* speak for the entire Horde is completely irrelevant as anyone disagreeing with me will be flogged into submission.

/RP
        RP /RP

RL /RL

Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
        The BtS Pitboss Team Democracy Game has just started!!!
        Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
        Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

What about one thread about each continent? Only the one living on that continent can speak in it, while the others can follow the discussion. Something like rumors from far far away. Once we developped full contact we can then replace these with 1 general thread.

This way you can follow the happenings on the other continent, but not meddle in it until you have real contact.
          http://www.danasoft.com/sig/scare2140.jpg

Comment

We lose a bit of submersion by opening up but we will gain interest.

How about allowing each team to decide for themself what kind of info they would like to reveal to the world but restrict the info they reveal about other teams?

So Team A would be allowed to tell they are at war but *not* to tell who they are warring without the other parts approval.
            Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

Both SafaN and Bongo's ideas are good.
              On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Indeed, I like Bongo's idea about approval, though I expect to be a bit cumbersome when it comes to actual content production.

I like the idea for different forums for continents too, but I see a problem here - what do we do if one team meets some other team from other continent - do we merge the contintents' threads or delay until all teams from those continents have contact (which might as well be never)?
                -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Just open it up and have at it. Trying to put restrictions on discussion will only hinder it, and the thing that destroys games isn't the public posting, it's the abuse and flaming that arises out of public posting. If everyone plays nice, keeps the RP clear, and the mods do their jobs, there shouldn't be any problems.

We're all adults here, right?
                  I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

Err.. well.. yes
                    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Err.. well.. yes
                      Or at least a close approximation thereof
                      I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

I like the idea for different forums for continents too, but I see a problem here - what do we do if one team meets some other team from other continent - do we merge the contintents' threads or delay until all teams from those continents have contact (which might as well be never)?
                        It would be fair for the team on each continent to post their dealings with the team on the other continent, there would be no way of knowing what was being said, and no way to reply, until al teams have contact and the forums can be opened.

Comment

Originally posted by ZargonX
                          Just open it up and have at it. Trying to put restrictions on discussion will only hinder it, and the thing that destroys games isn't the public posting, it's the abuse and flaming that arises out of public posting. If everyone plays nice, keeps the RP clear, and the mods do their jobs, there shouldn't be any problems.

"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by ZargonX

Well said
                            A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

I have created poll in GS to weigh opinion. Personally, I'm in favour of opening up, no restrictions.

Comment

I would like to create a poll in AC too, but I seem to be a bit confused about the possible options.

A: open, no restrictions

B: open for continent (is this possible realistically?)

C: open for continent, only read access whereas you have not met the team (again, is this possible at all? how would that work technically?)

D: leave closed for now

Basically there are only 2 options I see possible, B and C seem a bit unrealistic from the technical aspect..

Comment

Working...
                                X