X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by emperor
    I'm no mercenary. )
    Yeah...they are the Germans.

Welcome emperor! It is great to have a player of your rep join this game!
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Is there an interview process to join here as well?
      Well, certainly most teams will want to know more about you.
      Write something like:

Hi, Im new here, don't have any particular background on Poly but have been playing cIV since it came out. I'd like to participate in your team, because it appears most suited to my ideals of (whatever they are).
      (A)I think I would learn a lot from you guys and maybe some day play on the same level. (B) I think that my good game skills can lend a helping hand in achieving victory for your team.

See, that's easy!
      -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
      -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by binTravkin
        I think each team should be able to make a turn per 24h and strive to be able to make a turn in under 12h.
        24h, no problem (most of the time)
        12h, forget it. (unless lucky )

While the actual playing part normally is done in less than 4 hours*, my personal window of play is about 5-6 hours on weekdays. So if a save arrive an hour after I have gone to bed I have no change of even opening it until 15+ hours later.

Oh, having turnplayers that alternate on an irregular basis is a *very* bad idea. Don't take my word for it btw, try it out.

*DL save, look at it, make comments in our forum, chat a bit with teammates, have a cup of tea, contemplate the save in my 'throne room', play a bit, post result, send save and post in tracker thread.
        Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

Oh, having turnplayers that alternate on an irregular basis is a *very* bad idea. Don't take my word for it btw, try it out.
          Team AC has 3 (in past up to 5) turnplayers that alternate on an irregular basis, ie whomever first sees the turn, plays it.
          It works quite well thus far.

I usually do the playing part under 1h, samely as other turnplayers of our team.

12h, forget it.
          Go, check turn times of this last turn.
          Most managed it under 12h and we've had even faster turnarounds early on.
          Last edited by binTravkin; May 29, 2007, 11:13.
          -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
          -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Speaking just as one, not for team Banana:

I think an Administrator without powers is a non-sense.

I agree that games going on very slowly is annoying.
            More, I believe that rules must be accomplished, even in a game.

But, I also believe no player who delays,or even not play, a turn
            must be deemed "guilty" because here nobody is payed AFAIK.
            So, no one is under obligation to play,much less to explain why
            didn't. (I, as one, always do what I can to not spoil other people
            fun,but that is just a personal thing).

As so, the solution must be IMHO an objective one:
            a time limit (the one you want,I do not care) and ended it be, an
            automatic transition to next team, like if force end turn was pressed;
            things like grow,queues and so, as normal, but no new commands.

The way to implement it, no idea (I know nothing of computers).

Best regards,

Comment

Platy,
              Hang in there and take care of your wife. Games are - well games.

All,
              re: turn speed
              One thing that could speed the game is generating interest. Publicly there is nothing going on. Why would anyone join? I find it hard to continue to play I know others must feel the same.

I propose that instead of pointing fingers at who is slow to play, we open the public forums. By now the teams on both each continents must have met each other. What would be the harm in opening the public forum with some ground rules?

If non-players see threads with Team A and X announcing an alliance or tracking the great B vs C/D war we just might get some new players to join or old player to get active again.

Any thoughts?
              Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

I for one don't mind at all if we are allowed to post stuff about wars and such even if all haven' met.
                Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy-O
                  B vs C/D
                  B is at war with C/D?!!?

Open 'em up, I say!
                  "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

That's the news on the street. Everyone is waiting to see who A throws in with although A is officially neutral in international matters.
                    Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

Hmm, sounds like things are moving along already

I will start a separate thread about (again) opening the public forums.
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison520
                        Is there an interview process to join here as well?
                        Each team has its own method. What binTravkin suggests - writing a short introduction about your civ career, however recent or long it may be - isn't a bad a idea. Even that isn't strictly necessary though (unless the team you're applying to does actually request it); I think you'll find teams to be pretty welcoming on the whole.

Comment

I am awaiting authorisation to join Vox.
                          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Vox is undergoing quite a membership surge
                            Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
                              Vox is undergoing quite a membership surge
                              'Surge' is a bit OTT.
                              On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Originally posted by Addled Platypus
                                I am doing what I can, when I can
                                PM sent.
                                I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Working...
                                X