No announcement yet.

game admin role

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The continents have not met, so some things can't be discussed on the open forum.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy

and holding up the save?

does that not cause boredom?
      I refuse to be a slave to a game. It is not done on purpose.

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller

Most people in Vox have given up.

JM
        well this is very sad news... yet they keep their membership - shame on them, gives a false impression you have an active team

have you been out recruiting for some new blood then?

there are many thousand players here at Poly, with new blood arriving weekly...

sure that the game admin could put you in touch with many a fine player in your time zone, or in your travels around the traps here at Poly and the many other Game boards, you could surely find one or two other players that meet your specifications etc

then you would have other turn players and that must help this matter
        Gurka 17, People of the Valley
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

I doubt anyone would be interested in joining us...

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

JM
            hardly surprising, you never tell anyone what your at, especially that you sent the turn !!!
            A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

JM
              gee that is indeed a very very sad statement

and even in the dieing days of many a great civilization, new babies were born, great leaders rose to the occasion...

and even if your team was to go the way of some civilizations and be left in ruins, you could all then move along to other teams

so to you just might find that there are some players that would enjoy the challenge, and would be willing to have a go

I am of the Horde.

Comment

Calling on Snoopy369, C4DG game admin - time to earn some of your pay

Team Vox needs more players... at least 1 or 2...

please utilize your multiple resources to help in this matter

thank you

edit: PM sent to Snoopy3639, C4DG Game Admin on this matter with link to this thread
                I am of the Horde.

Comment

Well, Paddy's had a chat to me, and I'm willing to join up with Team Vox to bring up their numbers if they want to have me. As some of you probably know, I'm a fairly active and experienced player around the Civ4 world and should be able to speed up save turnarounds for Vox considerably (if that is what is specifically the problem here).

Of course, I'm perfectly well aware that I may be entering in on a hopeless situation which my team has little chance of coming out of, but I don't particularly mind - the majority of the fun for me is in the playing and the struggles, not in the eventual victory or loss.
                  - Lord Parkin / emperor

Read all about my adventures in the Realms Beyond Pitboss 4 game!

Comment

PM sent to jon with a link back here

thanks emperor
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

Do you think it is fair ball to be recruiting for other teams?

I mean... I am on Team A. I know that Teams B, C, D, and E are my neighbours. Therefore I know that Teams V, W, X, Y, and Z are likely 'on the other side'.

I know the relative strengths of my neighbours. I can use demographics to guess the state of affairs of those 'on the other side'.

Wooh, 1 of them seems to be way out front. Maybe I should recruit people to bolster the weaker teams 'on the other side'.

Say a civ 'over there' is on the way out. Say I get someone like Sirrian, maybe, to join that team. He practically takes over and plays the civ like a PBEM. I would have just radically changed the course of the game for the 5 teams I lack contact with.

I understand people being unhappy with a slow moving game. I question the solution(s).
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Oh, and we haven't cut anything from the role of the admin. In fact, the first 'great game' (PtW) had none. Zero. Zilch. No admin required.

Trip did step in an help us resolve game stoppages due to bugs, but nobody, ever, had any authority to do anything that would affect the outcome of the game other than the turn players with their moves.

Considering we saw nukes used in anger in that game, I suggest people have some patience.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                          Do you think it is fair ball to be recruiting for other teams?

I mean... I am on Team A. I know that Teams B, C, D, and E are my neighbours. Therefore I know that Teams V, W, X, Y, and Z are likely 'on the other side'.

I know the relative strengths of my neighbours. I can use demographics to guess the state of affairs of those 'on the other side'.

Wooh, 1 of them seems to be way out front. Maybe I should recruit people to bolster the weaker teams 'on the other side'.

Say a civ 'over there' is on the way out. Say I get someone like Sirrian, maybe, to join that team. He practically takes over and plays the civ like a PBEM. I would have just radically changed the course of the game for the 5 teams I lack contact with.

I understand people being unhappy with a slow moving game. I question the solution(s).
                          Jon Miller of Vox claims to be by himself...

here is a player that is willing to join...

what is the issue with that...

yes I approached emperor... and I stated that a team was looking for a player etc...

what harm seriously?

whether I approached someone, or jon did, or whether we placed adverts across all game sites... to me it does not matter how the person is found, as long as they are a player of the game, enjoy the demo game experiences and will help keep the game moving along...

the thing is Jon is unable to play the game on weekends, which in turn holds the save up for all others...

maybe you belong to a civ that is at war with Vox, and would not like to see them getting any fresh blood?
                          I am of the Horde.

Comment

Would you like to see someone like Aeson take over a civ and play it like a PBEM?
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

I understand you are frustrated with a civ that is slowing the game (I just reviewed the turn thread and see what you are talking about) but I think that rushing forth with solutions that may be ill-considered is a mistake.

Incidently, you may be a member of X, Y, or Z and may want to prolong things for others in your own way and for your own reasons that have zero to do with times on saves.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                                Oh, and we haven't cut anything from the role of the admin. In fact, the first 'great game' (PtW) had none. Zero. Zilch. No admin required.

Trip did step in an help us resolve game stoppages due to bugs, but nobody, ever, had any authority to do anything that would affect the outcome of the game other than the turn players with their moves.

Considering we saw nukes used in anger in that game, I suggest people have some patience.
                                exactly

in general I am fine with the idea of other's joining our team

active players are encouraged, and we do have few right now (none but me?)

JM
                                Jon Miller-
                                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                                X