Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had been convinced that if someone on GS was willing to play onward, Team Merc would agree to continue in this game.

However, if there is no one on GS that has a true DESIRE to play (not a feeling of obligation), I'ld rather not go about the joke that is finding replacements.

Sorry, replacement players in demogames several years old coming in cold...nah.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• Well while we are figuring things out I passed it along. I don't have any strong opinions on whether we continue or quit though.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
        I had been convinced that if someone on GS was willing to play onward, Team Merc would agree to continue in this game.

However, if there is no one on GS that has a true DESIRE to play (not a feeling of obligation), I'ld rather not go about the joke that is finding replacements.

Sorry, replacement players in demogames several years old coming in cold...nah.
        Im with UnO on this, unless you have a real live GS'er who wants to play, then forget it.

Another reason why IMHO no demogame team should be allowed to play unless they have at the beginning at least three bonafide turn players.

It may not stop things like this from happening but it could possibly help.

The bottomline is why continue playing if several of the teams want to call it quits? Lets throw in the towel and support the BtS game which at this point has the greatest chance of actually going anywhere.
        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Originally posted by conmcb25

Im with UnO on this, unless you have a real live GS'er who wants to play, then forget it.

Another reason why IMHO no demogame team should be allowed to play unless they have at the beginning at least three bonafide turn players.

It may not stop things like this from happening but it could possibly help.

The bottomline is why continue playing if several of the teams want to call it quits? Lets throw in the towel and support the BtS game which at this point has the greatest chance of actually going anywhere.
          Hey con. I agree. It is hard to imagine that a team of 35 hard core CIV players wouldn't have at least one player wanting to continue in a game that just might have a fun twist or two left. But, if there is not one, then we should call this game toast.

From Krill's post in the tracker thread, it sure looks like he won't have the time. If he is working on a disertation then it is suprising that he has done as much as he has. Krill
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Sent a PM to Krill to see what's up.

I had pm'd nye earlier, and he said he would ask around, but as of yet, no response.

Not looking good.
            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• I declare Vox the winner!

Nothing more to see here, move along

*"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Originally posted by conmcb25
                  I declare Vox the winner!

Nothing more to see here, move along

bless ya heart lad

now ya won, well done by the way, will you put Henry Pulson in charge of Gathering Storm?

Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                  I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                  X