X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by proviisori
    Our team has patched our Civs.

Now we can't open the save.
    Admins need to convert the save to the newest patch.
    ahhh what patch?

when did the teams agree to a new patch?

and who took me last bloody beer? grrrr
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Comment

like mentioned in other treads: BTS included a new patch. Older saves can not be opened with this patch, so u need a dual install if you are a turnplayer.

blame firaxis
      http://www.danasoft.com/sig/scare2140.jpg

Comment

yeah I jest been reading...

like when did we all agree to this?

I not want yet another friggen civ install on my machine

is enough that I have 2 installs of civ 3, and 1 for civ iv, and another for civ iv warlords, and on and on and on they go

why can we not just continue?

may I too friggen old for all this ****
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

I think there is a way for the game's admins to change the save to the newer patch.

This way we don't have to have dual installs of vanilla.
          Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

I think there is a way for the game's admins to change the save to the newer patch.

This way we don't have to have dual installs of vanilla.
            ahhh many thanks

bloody two bob progrAMMERS WHO TAKE OUR FRIGGEN MONEY THEN KEEP MAKING MORE INSTALLS !#$$^%$@^%$#@%$#@$#@$#!%^$#!%$#%$#%$#@%$#!%$#$#%$#

ahhh more beer... musch better
            I am of the Horde.

Comment

Hah!

Too bad it is not Horde's turn and Paddy as turnplayer.

Beer and Civ
              Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

Hah!

Too bad it is not Horde's turn and Paddy as turnplayer.

Beer and Civ
                happened before, sure to happen again

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurp!
                I am of the Horde.

Comment

Sarantium is still waiting for the save from the admins.

Provi or I could do a reinstall and play it, but then the next team in line (the Mercs) would have to go through this as well. So, if OK with folks, we will just wait the extra hours until this gets sorted out.
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy

bloody two bob progrAMMERS WHO TAKE OUR FRIGGEN MONEY THEN KEEP MAKING MORE INSTALLS !#$$^%$@^%$#@%$#@$#@$#!%^$#!%$#%$#%$#@%$#!%$#$#%$#
                    Ditto

I absolutely refuse to do a dual install..............
                    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

We could declare this game FUBAR and agree that Team Banana has won, at least the winner of the teams on Nia Kontinento.

edit: removed RP above - I am serious. we were so about to murder 'em. Humm. now maybe this is RP cuz I'm not actually going to 'murder' anyone...

"Just buy another hard drive." "Just run a dual install." "Just get a new wife who doesn't fill up the hard drive with pictures for scrap booking."

This is awful. This is cr4p. This is why I don't own cIV (4). This is why I am starting to wonder if I really even want ciV (5). Take your time guys.

Firaxis, this is not good.
                      Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

Yeah, all those "just"s.
                        For them all you can have one "just hire a release manager who actually knows what he's doing".
                        It doesn't take a lot to add basic stuff that would keep the old functionality, even if it resorts to brute methods like automatically doing the same as most people now do manually - making a dual install or at least using a special folder where all the changed and new files would be put and be used by the old install by default.
                        Last edited by binTravkin; July 23, 2007, 13:20.
                        -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                        -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

So what is the working method of loading the sav?
                          if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25

Ditto

I absolutely refuse to do a dual install..............
                            You must speak down-under!
                            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Kataphraktoi
                              So what is the working method of loading the sav?
                              what i did was:

1. make a copy of the civ dir under program files/firaxis
                              2. install bts (or the patch alone)
                              3. rename civ folder with bts to civ bts
                              4. rename copied civ folder (without bts or patch) to civ
                              5. make a shortcut on your desktop to civ bts/bts/bts.exe

this way you can still open the pbem saves with only doubleclicking them. Alas this only works if you do it before the patching. Thats why the bts installer should have had an "abort" option.
                              http://www.danasoft.com/sig/scare2140.jpg

Comment

That sounds so simple that the installer should do that by default automagicly.
                                Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

Working...
                                X