Firaxis Tour Photo Gallery (Part 2/2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firaxis Tour Photo Gallery (Part 2/2)

During Apolycon '06 in Timonium, Maryland, Markos Giannopoulos and Daniel Quick were lucky enough to be allowed to go on a tour of the Firaxis studio. Otherwise closed to participants due to several titles being in a near-release state, Dan and Markos were allowed to tour certain parts of the studio and see into the inner workings of the Civ developer.

Here are some of the pictures from that event!

A railroad model used during production of Sid Meier\'s Railroads.

Models of the trains used in Sid Meier\'s Railroads.

No, these aren\'t the models for Sid Meier\'s Pirates!.

Civ4 won Gamespot\'s PC Game of the Year award. See, we can prove it.

Sid gets some press (Washington Post).

Some of the many titles Sid Meier and Firaxis Games have released over the years.

Some more of Sid\'s favorite titles.

That one in the middle holds a special place in my heart, as it\'s what brought me here!

That one on the right looks familiar.

Firaxis and Sid Meier have won just a few awards over the years...

More photos from the Friday of ApolyCon '06 will be released in future. Post-coverage of this gathering continues exclusively here on ACS.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Nice behind-the-scenes look at things!

~DC.
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Re: Tour photo gallery, part 2/2

Originally posted by snoopy369
      During Apolycon '06 in Timonium, Maryland, Markos Giannopoulos and Daniel Quick were lucky enough to be allowed to go on a tour of the Firaxis studio.
      Markos Giannopoulos and Daniel Quick need a better camera
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Re: Re: Tour photo gallery, part 2/2

Originally posted by DarkCloud
        Nice behind-the-scenes look at things!

Originally posted by LordShiva
        Markos Giannopoulos and Daniel Quick need a better camera
        To clarify, all of the pictures above were taken by Markos.

An increase in their brightness/contrast could help improve their already overall decent quality (some are certainly clearer than others). Willing to volunteer for that task, LS?
        PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
        >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

You guys didn't get any pictures at the really interesting stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Shafer
            You guys didn't get any pictures at the really interesting stuff.

I believe our guide (Dennis Shirk) referenced those in general at one point -- that which had been specifically removed from the spaces where Markos and I would be taken.

>> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Although I was preempted in my desire to attend, I do thank you Dan for these Pix and articles, I know it had to be a blast.

The whole tour and time with the Firaxians and BHG folks would yo me been humbling, of course I still get excited at the bell ringing on the ice cream wagon making its rounds

GT
              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
                Although I was preempted in my desire to attend, I do thank you Dan for these Pix and articles, I know it had to be a blast.
                You're welcome, and it was a blast indeed. I look forward to there being such a conference again in the near future.

The whole tour and time with the Firaxians and BHG folks would yo me been humbling, of course I still get excited at the bell ringing on the ice cream wagon making its rounds

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ

I believe our guide (Dennis Shirk) referenced those in general at one point -- that which had been specifically removed from the spaces where Markos and I would be taken.

Oh yeah... too bad. Guess you guys will have to wait.

Comment

edit: n/m
                    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Shafer
                      Oh yeah... too bad. Guess you guys will have to wait.

Originally posted by CyberShy
                      edit: n/m

Comment

Working...
                      X