Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary Poppins is banned in Casa de Pekka

Yes, it's true.

When I have kids, we won't be watching Mary Poppins until they are at least 12 years old. Why? Because Mary Poppins is really a manipulative person. She always forces the kids to do stuff they don't like, but doesn't reason them into doing it. I understand that as a parent, you can't always make too much sense. You just need to establish authority sometimes.

However, MAry Poppins does it all the time. Plus, there si this guy laughing and when he does so, he starts flying in his house. So Mary is like No kids, don't laugh, it'll just make it worse for him. Well, that's not a lesson to teach. If you can't help but laugh and on top of that it'll make you fly as a bonus, I say go kids, laugh and fly! I'm not going to say don't do that, because it's silly. What kind of a person would deny that fun, what's the reason behind that? NO REASON, she just hates fun. Fun is too silly to be had around.

Then all the events she puts up always ends up with rain, or what ever. People need to go home. Not too much fun kids. It'll rain.... *now*.

And at the end, she just leaves the kids. Yeah, I'll just escape and never say anything. What's the lesson here? I know it's not loyalty or trust.

Also, she is pretty hot in that movie, so we won't be watching it because daddy might get a bit excited. Mary Poppins - BANNED!
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Wow. Banning Mary Poppins.
    This isn't going to look good on her resume.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Tell me about it. She thinks she can do what she wants. But not in my house. She is not welcome. Unless of course
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Pekka,

this thread is just another example of the fact that you deserve a:

:BEER:

You also bring up some VERY interesting and entirely FACTUAL evidence of the evil ways of Mary Poppins...
        TRULY fascinating...

Order of the Fly
        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Julie Andrews

Comment

Well, I wasn't kidding. Mary Poppins is the classic example of an authoritarian who is force feeding protestant ethic to young minds using tricks and deception.

Note, she NEVER gives any reasons for what she wants, as in we need to stop having fun now because... never any reasons. She makes remarks about everyone at all times, like the way people laugh, and how it isn't OK to laugh like that. You should laugh with a certain kind of class, have control and not laugh like a common man, because it's quite repulsive.

There's just endless row of examples of her manipulation, but where's the lesson? There is no lesson, thus she is brainwashing the kids. It's kids, never question authorities, do what they say, they're right, you're wrong. That kind of deception will either ruin the kids, or make them struggle with life for years before they free themselves of certain thinking patterns that were forced upon them when they were forming the identities, knowledge of their selves and the world around them, open minds.

Thanks Mary, you ruined it.
            In da butt.

Comment

It's an open ticket to the idea, that the kids are supposed to do or be what? Good children? And that is defined how? So they obey their parents and try to do everyhing they want done. Is that a good kid? A kid is an individual, but still not a ruined mind. In fact, it's more precious mind than most, since it hasn't been yet been painted on. It's like an open canvas, everything is possible. It can make or break the kid.

Why would you want to indoctrinate your children into a first thinking their value is directly related to how good they are, meaning how they obey you and make you happy? That's how they define themselves at some point. You do great injustice to kids for werid reasons like 'GIVE THAT TO LITTLE PAULIE½!!!" "but Paulie hit me.." "YES PAULIE HIT YOU BUT PAULIE IS UPSET BECAUSE HE COULDN'T HAVE A COOKIE LAST NIGHT".

Like **** man.. so what? **** Paulie. **** him up the ass. That's what the kid thinks, and that's right. **** Paulie.

You teach kids to share, to be team players and to be a social being. Good. Skills needed. But when you do injustice, they'll remember that for a long time. They'll quickly see through the transparent wall of hypocricy. And if they don't, they'll be screwed up forever, because they will grow up to be stupid people. Great, that's what we need more, stupid people.
              In da butt.

Comment

Uh oh. Here he goes.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

its my fault...
                  i got him started
                  but Pekka has a point seriously, Mary Poppins is CLEARLY a manipulating person...
                  i would actually like Pekka to give MORE of an explanation and examples as well
                  i will NEVER see Mary Poppins the same EVER again because of this thread...

piece
                  Order of the Fly

Comment

I can see it, years from now. You've bought out Microsoft, IBM and McDonalds.

"AAHZ, what the source of your inspiration?"

"It was Pekka and his revelation about Mary Poppins. From that day forward, motivation burned brightly."

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                      I can see it, years from now. You've bought out Microsoft, IBM and McDonalds.
                      Just a spoonful of sugar helps the stock market go down...
                      The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                      "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                      "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                      The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Kids very often cry when Mary Poppins leaves, another reasons to not show it to little kids, it makes them depressed
                        I need a foot massage

Comment

Brachy "Barnabas" Pride has a good point...
                          I believe there is enough evidence for EVERYONE here to BAN Mary Poppins forever...
                          Order of the Fly

Comment

Pekka. get a life.

Or a GF.

One or the Other.
                            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Jesus Christ, Krill.

Comment

Working...
                              X