Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

debt free play. only on "easy" difficulty.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• debt free play. only on "easy" difficulty.

i'm playing on the easiest setting at this point. i can run into debt with no penalty. in fact, my debt isn't even calculated. when i have no money in the treasury i just keep running my expensive empire with no repercussions. i hope this is restricted to easy settings. tell me that i am right. sir s.

your advisors will eventually sell some of your improvements if you stay too long in the red so to speak. You should pay attention to your spendings it will help you to improve your gameplay

Comment

thanks. it made gameplay too simplisitic.

Comment

I was under the impression that there are two conditions that give you more less free run while in deficit spending. In Chief you are not penalized and while in anarchy.

I think that in anarchy you will not have structures sold, but one unit could be disbanded. In Chief games, not even that is done.

To tell the truth, I have not tested either condition.

Comment

thanks. my next game will be up a level of difficulty or two. sir s

Comment

I am playing American, Regent, C3C and when I rebeled to become a republic, I was not charged any money per turn and nothing else happened to any of the improvements or units. I was wondering btw--I used to (in civ and civ II) build walls and barracks and sell them for extra gold. Can you no longer do this?

Comment

Yes you can sell of walls and barracks. You cannot sell aqua's or hospitals.

Comment

if i were you, i wouldn't bother building improvement just to sell those once they're built. I prefer to produce wealth instead.

Comment

Or even better - colony pods.
                  With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Not sure about chieftian but you wont occur any penalty while in debt in Anarchy. But be warned--- in any other difficulty level the min you end a turn with a negative balance your town (while in a normal government) administrators will sell off buildings to pay the debt and its a random kinda thing---you dont want to go in the red, unless you have to.
                    * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
                    * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
                    * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
                    * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Working...
                    X