X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remain at in game war with Horde?

Please see the Sarantium thread.

Situation:

We accepted Masonry and Sailing from the Horde for Peace first.

Sarantium now wishes to hire us against the Horde.

An in-game peace declaration was never specifically discussed, but was certainly implied with the Horde.

It would be technically possible to rename our units as "hired", and remain at in-game war with the horde while declaring that though we are 'at peace' with them, we had now been hired.

There could be a case made that by doing so, we are violating our peace agreement, since in-game peace was implied.

Declaring in-game peace would require us to wait 10 turns before attacking the Horde (game mechanic).
    Better to avoid possible questions about our integrity, sign in-game peace with Horde and ask Sarantium to wait 10 turns
    75.00%
    Bah, we're Mercs, everyone should understand we can be hired at any time.
    25.00%
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

I'm leaning towards avoiding all possible questions and declaring in-game peace with the Horde.

However, I would readily argue that they should have known it was possible for us to be hired.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I voted for in-game peace, it seems best to me, however i do agree it could be argued the other way

Comment

I am leaning towards "it was possible for us to be hired."

However, we should move units that are inside or around Hordes territory to move back to our cities before allowing them to be hired by Sarantum.

Units already in our cities can be hired by Sarantum immediately.

We can certainly stop the turn and discuss this with the Admin.
        C3C ISDG Final Round : Actively Lurking

Comment

Well, the turn isn't with us yet, and there's not a need to get the admin involved. Whatever we do won't be violating game rules, but will have ramifications on our relations with other teams.

However, snoopy's opinion is most welcome here as well, if he so chooses to input it.
          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
          X