plug and play XML

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plug and play XML

I have a forum starting next week which will be all about XML plug and playable in the CFC site

It is all about creating something such as a Civilization recoding the XML and putting one civ into a folder all by itself. Then the civ is simply dragged into a CUSTOM CIVILIZATIONS folder located within the XML folder. as long as the civ is in the folder it works. pull it out and it stops working. It makes it easy for people to use your new created civs units etc etc even if they dont know how to mod.

now using a new MOD which is a simple load utility dll it scans for xml files that corespond to the normal XML files we are already using..... such as... ....CIV4Civilizationsinfos.xml... the only thing is; you would also need to put the prefix (which is the name of the folder) before the file.

So lets say I want to make the Civilizations Canada plug and playable.... I would rename the CIV4Civilizationinfos.xml file to CANADA_CIV4Civilizationinfos.xml... And only include the info that is required for the Canada Civilization. You also need to include the SCHEMA file as well. This schema would also need to be renamed with the prefix of canada too. Once all of the corresponding files associated with the civilization of Canada were complete and into there own folder. (include leaderheads, Unique buildings and Units, text files artdefines, art, ETC.) You would have a Plug and playable CIV.

IN THE ARTDEFINES files. (there are 4 of them corresponding to a civ) you direct the location of the art's pathway... in all cases we are now using the standard of the pathway being XML/Custom Civilizations/{CIV NAME}....etc and then the file name. In the case of UNITS it's XML/Custom Units/ETC... In the Case of Building... Its XML/Custom Buildings... and in the case of all other mods such as tactics...terrain... civics...techs...etc. Its XML/Custom MISC/Etc....

If you want more details by all means check for more details next week.

I hope I can also convince this site to start coding with the XML plug and playable standards that is rapidly catching on to the CFC site.

Tune in for more next week. I will repost once I have all the instructions... and the necessary Sample files completed. I have already coded 65 Civ's in this fashion and am quickly moving into doubling that by the end of the month. Each civ will be downloadable separately. The DLL will also be available in this forum. Note this DLL only uses 3 loadutility files that I can't see anyone touching so it is easily mergable with all other mods.
Working...
X