OCC conquest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCC conquest

I started an OCC game with the goal of getting a conquest victory. I picked a map and settings to make it favorable, since I've never done OCC and conquest seems fairly difficult. I'm Ragnar on Archipelago (small islands), Tiny, 9 civs. I also restarted until I got iron because without it this whole this is fairly pointless.

Anyway, I've just finished killing the Russians and, disturbingly, the Mali are moving into their territory. Are the other civs going to expand fast enough that I just can't weed them out? I was slower than I wanted to Berzerkers because I forgot to research Mathematics before finishing Oracle and had to waste it on Philosophy .

Don;t jkust focus on any one civ at a time; you have to choke them all from the very start; hence it is wiser to play a small Pangaea map..
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Also, it is faster to tech via great scientists than cottages in OCC. You want the GL asap and polytheism, the only problem is fitting around building units to kill people. I would suggest Ghandhi or Alex as the best civs for an OCC conquest game, really.
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Yeah, a small pangaea map was the only map i was able to do it on.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Continuing on, this game looks pretty much doomed. I can't kill them all at once, since I have to build troops and transports (though supply lines are actually a bit shorter since I circumnavigated the globe - that gives me +2 naval movement with Trading Posts). I'll retry as Alexander on Pangaea.
          Last edited by Kuciwalker; April 30, 2007, 09:17.

Comment

A small pangaea map with an extra civ makes it possible.
            Like rah, I also disabled tech trading. While it stops me from backfilling techs, it also stops them from leap frogging me later in the game.
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You get out teched by the AI? In OCC? How, precisely?

Comment

If they are trading techs, they can catch up to you in short order. Eventually, you can't keep going deep in the tech path... you have to fill in. Early in the game, it's easy to use trading to back fill... but eventually, people start demanding too much in trade or just won't trade certain techs with you... while they trade like breeding rabbits
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Even on Prince you should still be outteching the AI. Ony stuff you should be trading for is stuff you don't need, only want.

Comment

Even if the AI are trading techs.

Comment

I have no problems outteching the AI but find it easier if they're not trading.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                      X