Newbie Questions on Modding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Questions on Modding

I'm interested in doing a fantasy mod. One idea was maybe have different civilizations based on different fantasy races. My first thought was a Vampire civilization. I wanted to create a unique unit which could have a couple abilities: It heals fully after defeating an enemy unit, and the unique unit could cause an enemy unit to join the side of the vampire civilization. I'm sure this is possible, but I have no idea where to start. Any help would be appreciated. Be as technical as you wish, I have sufficient programming expierence, but no mod expierence.
    EViiiiiiL!!! - Mermaid Man

This will help in adding new units:
    How to add your own custom units Beware that at the moment no one can create an actual new model but only new units with their own unique skins and/or stats. This can be added in very easily. This guide also doesn't cover changing unit stats, for that go to...

This will help in adding the new civ, though this guide is a bit complicated. If you wanted, you could just open the Civ XML file and re-name a civilization...So you can re-name the Romans the "Vampies", change their diplomacy text, city names, aggression levels, etc -- all without doing any hard work. Just look in your civilization XML files. If you want to get fancy and add in a brand new civ and not replace an existing civ, and if you want your own leader image, etc, this might be useful:
    So, you want to add a Civilisation to the hugely popular game Civilization IV? For beginners, this can be a fairly large undertaking. Fortunately IÂ’m here to both guide and provide some aids. Part 1: The tools Before you start anything, you need to make sure you have the right tools...

This forum may be useful for your other questions. I'm not sure how to implement your specific goals though , sorry. Though they seem easy enough to do.

Post tutorials, guides, and documentations related to Civ4 modding here.

Comment

The actual switching of sides can be done through python. I'd suggest having a look at the python guide which is stickied in this forum, then if you've got further question I can help out.

Comment

Does Firaxis off any documentation on modding. Perhaps somthing I can download?
        EViiiiiiL!!! - Mermaid Man

Comment

Working...
        X